What's new

How about a blade forum?

Searching through the different forums about blades, I wondered whether folks might want to lobby for a new and separate blade section, as distinct from razors. There's a cream section and a soap section, so why not split the Safety Razors group into a group devoted to blades and a group for the razors?

regards

Peter

Last edited:
Searching through the different forums about blades, I wondered whether folks might want to lobby for a new and separate blade section, as distinct from razors. There's a cream section and a soap section, so why not splittiing the Safety Razors group into a group devoted to blades and a group for the razors?

regards

Peter
Sounds like a good idea to me, as it would be easier to find certain threads on razors and blades if they were in seperate sections.

I think I've seen the occasional blade posting in the general section as well as the Safety Razor section, so maybe a central location would be a nice thing.

Good idea, HOWEVER, check the review area under blades.
Then if further questions you'll find your in the right place!!

Cheers:biggrin:

Good idea, HOWEVER, check the review area under blades.
Then if further questions you'll find your in the right place!!

Cheers:biggrin:

I think he meant besides the blade review section. Of course if the original authors of the blade reviews created a dedicated thread in the safety razor section of the forum and linked to said thread, this wouldn't be a problem now would it :wink:.

I agree. It's a very good idea.
Do we have here none collectors of vintage blades?
I've any Gillette three hole baldes for ID.

Searching through the different forums about blades, I wondered whether folks might want to lobby for a new and separate blade section, as distinct from razors. There's a cream section and a soap section, so why not split the Safety Razors group into a group devoted to blades and a group for the razors?

regards

Peter

Yes, a separate forum for blades.

Also, it would be nice if the review section for blades could be alphabetized or otherwise organized so that finding a particular brand would be easier.

How a blade performs is often affected by what razor it's used in. The two go together like a horse and carriage.

Other shaving sites put blades and safety razors in the same forum for that reason.

By separating forums, it becomes more difficult to keep track of blade performance in different razors.

Yes, a separate forum for blades.

Also, it would be nice if the review section for blades could be alphabetized or otherwise organized so that finding a particular brand would be easier.

From what I understand that is on the books to be done, but there is a lot of stuff already on the books that needs to be fixed.

The blade forum could be nice I guess. I did think it could be cool to collect blades :biggrin:

G

gone down south

How a blade performs is often affected by what razor it's used in. The two go together like a horse and carriage.

Other shaving sites put blades and safety razors in the same forum for that reason.

By separating forums, it becomes more difficult to keep track of blade performance in different razors.

That's the equivalent of saying that brushes and soaps work in tandem and therefore don't need different forums.:001_huh:

Count my vote!
I have developed a bad case of BAD recently.
$300 spent in the past two weeks alone on a mix of vintage NOS blades and whatever remaining 'Swedes' I can hoard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom