What's new

Stand for Shavemac 177

I just received my Shavemac 177 23 mm brush and it does not fit my current stand well. I would like to be able to hang it from the ridge at the base. it appears to be about 34mm at the widest point. Will a 34mm brush stand work? My current stand is 28mm.

I would like to be able to hang it from the ridge at the base. ...... it appears to be about 34mm at the widest point.

Here's some sacrilege..........

I recently bought a Shavemac 220 (28 mm knot) and didn't feel like springing for the $30-$40 that some stands that I researched for it would have cost me.

So after the first few shaves, I left it standing on its base. That didn't quite feel right the next day - the base of the knot felt a little damp.

So, I just fashioned a noose for it and now I just hang it from the towel stand after a shave.

Think of how airline baggage tags are tied around the handle of your luggage. I use something similar on both ends of a string to hang it to the towel bar and to the base of my shaving brush.

I am not sure if that made sense, but it is very similar in concept to some pictures I saw on the Shaving Brush forum a while ago where the poster had hung 3 brushes off "nooses".

Top Bottom