What's new

Ok dumb question that I can't seem to find an answer for...

What's a Wapi?

Rather than link to the other forum I pasted below. Googling will provide some info but you really have to dig. Probably be a good idea to throw in a wiki.

"Wapienica isn't actually the name of the razor, it's the name of town in Poland they come from. They were manufactured by a company called SFK, who I believe made all sorts of things steel-wise. The urban story is that they were made in the 70's for use in (amongst other places) Soviet hospitals, hence the all-steel build so they could be autoclaved after use - they were possibly used more as body razors but I can't be sure of that. They are all NOS simply because they got left-over when - I'm surmising here - the USSR woke up to the fact of cheap disposable razors. Who knows?"

Sorry can't get my BB to let me edit the last post. Credit for that info goes to blueprinciple. Apparently they are still widely available in Poland and quite cheap. Some polish members provided a lot more info in another thread but I can't find it right now. You should pick one up.

I sold about 18 that I recently bought directly from Poland. They were inexpensive, surgical razors that were made of excellent steel. They're from the 1970s and earlier.

Rather than link to the other forum I pasted below. Googling will provide some info but you really have to dig. Probably be a good idea to throw in a wiki.

"Wapienica isn't actually the name of the razor, it's the name of town in Poland they come from. They were manufactured by a company called SFK, who I believe made all sorts of things steel-wise. The urban story is that they were made in the 70's for use in (amongst other places) Soviet hospitals, hence the all-steel build so they could be autoclaved after use - they were possibly used more as body razors but I can't be sure of that. They are all NOS simply because they got left-over when - I'm surmising here - the USSR woke up to the fact of cheap disposable razors. Who knows?"

Right, Wapienica is a town in Poland, but I think its a rather small one. Did SFK actually manufacture the razors here? Anyone know? Additionally how do the Wapi II's fit into this picture? kenrup's post here says they're manufactured by a SJN. Any relation to SFK?

Top Bottom