What's new

The Plissons Are Here

OMG are they beautiful. As soon as Erin and I get the day's order picked and packed, I will start on some pictures for the site. I just don't know if I can do them justice. I also don't know if I can overcome the temptation to keep about a dozen of them for myself. OMG. I know. I already said that. OMG.

It's just so overwhelming to be surrounded by 139 Plissons all at one time. I'm sorry. It's just too much to bear. Please someone help me.:wink:

It's just so overwhelming to be surrounded by 139 Plissons all at one time. I'm sorry. It's just too much to bear. Please someone help me.:wink:

Jim, you gotta post a shot of all 139 Plissons! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase.

I can't wait to see them on your site :thumbup:

Will these be Plisson Quality with the usual custom configurations for VB? ie. a dense short lofted HMW?

Hey, give me some time will ya. :biggrin1: This was my fist order. These people don't know me yet. I'll work on them eventually. I promise.

I do have to say that I was very impressed with this first order though. The European Grey exceeded my expectations. The Chinese Grey was about what I expected through. It's looks to be a coarse form of a Pure Badger. However, the handle that I picked (faux horn) is absolutely stunning. I would imagine that it would soften with use and will certainly fill a certain niche.

Some good news though, although there is a mix of two-band and three-band High Mountain White brushes in this order, I have gotten a commitment from Plisson to work with me on future orders to provide only two-band HMW. Of course, I have to sell a significant number of brushes before there is even the thought of another order. So, let's hope the demand for high end shaving brushes improves in the near future. :thumbup:

Yes, I know what you mean. I had that one set aside for myself. And then this character from Texas wrote us and said he just had to have it. Pleaded actually. Some people have no shame. :biggrin:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
SOMEHOW I am resisting the urge to buy a honking big HMW Plisson in Genuine Horn ( for now). A #16 is in my future but then again a 1961 birthdate Dunhill pipe is too! Decisions Decisions....:rolleyes:

Yes, I know what you mean. I had that one set aside for myself. And then this character from Texas wrote us and said he just had to have it. Pleaded actually. Some people have no shame. :biggrin:

I honestly figured this brush would already be sold because I didn't see the new pix when they were first posted. After my jaw recovered from hitting the floor I wrote to see if by some odd chance it might still be available. Erin told me you had picked that one out for yourself but I thought she was kidding since she told me it was available. Now I really feel privileged to own it. Thanks Jim for sending it my way! This is yet another example of why Vintage Blades is such a class operation and why I'll remain a loyal customer.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I honestly figured this brush would already be sold because I didn't see the new pix when they were first posted. After my jaw recovered from hitting the floor I wrote to see if by some odd chance it might still be available. Erin told me you had picked that one out for yourself but I thought she was kidding since she told me it was available. Now I really feel privileged to own it. Thanks Jim for sending it my way! This is yet another example of why Vintage Blades is such a class operation and why I'll remain a loyal customer.

Congrats on that beautiful brush. After shaving with that brush you'll probably never want use another. Especially your pre-fix Simpson Tulip 2.. Please pm me your paypal information. :whistling:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
SOMEHOW I am resisting the urge to buy a honking big HMW Plisson in Genuine Horn ( for now).

How many zeroes are in Plus a GAZILLION !!!

Not sure if this is the cloud or the silver lining but Vintageblades no longer ships to Canada.

Why exactly I need to pay my mortgage instead of buying more brushes is beyond me, but anyhow that's what I'll be doing this month. :blink:

Congrats on that beautiful brush. After shaving with that brush you'll probably never want use another. Especially your pre-fix Simpson Tulip 2.. Please pm me your paypal information. :whistling:

Bob, You should know.. that Tulip had your name on it, before it went to Stephan :biggrin1:

So it would be good Karma if it came back to you

Ameet

Top Bottom