What's new

Opinion Poll - Progress v Mergress

Progress v Mergress

• Progress: Love the normal balance, can live with quirks

• Mergress: Love the added handle heft, prefer the balance

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wondered what peoples opinions are on these two razors now that the mergress has become quite popular.

What gives you the better shaves, has the best balance etc. Forget the mechanical changes or the looks, which has a better feel.

WOULD LIKE IT TO BE THOSE WHO HAVE USED BOTH, NOT ONE OR THE OTHER

Trying to get a direct comparison :thumbup:

Opinions on a postcard.......

Last edited:
The results of this poll will be skewed. Anyone, like me, who loves their Progress, yet have never felt the need to purchase any of Mer's fine products cannot honestly do a comparison (thus I did not vote). Anyone who spent the considerable extra bucks on an upgrade, wants to be happy with it and thus will tend to vote with the Mergress.

I'm not trying to discredit any of the fine work done by Mer. His stuff and Cooncatbob's work is impressive looking. But, I don't have any first hand knowledge of how they shave.

Yeah, i guess i should have put a qualifying piece in there about those who have used both. I may add this.

Slagle, i hear ya, i love the vintage gillettes, but im interested in what users of both these razors think about both these razors ha ha.

Yeah, i guess i should have put a qualifying piece in there about those who have used both. I may add this.

Slagle, i hear ya, i love the vintage gillettes, but im interested in what users of both these razors think about both these razors ha ha.

Yeah, I haven't used either so I'm no help at all.

You need a: I prefer Vintage Gillette's option in this poll.
Hear hear!

I've had both the Mergress and the Progress and like the heft of the Mergress, and much prefer the manly-metal-take-no-prisoners-knob of the Mergress to the uber-cheap-easily-broken-sad-looking-no-excuse-plastic-knob of the Progress.

I had both and in keeping with your request, I think they shaved essentially the same. My routine is 3-2-1-1, WTG, XTG, ATG, touch-up. But, despite your request, I sold the Progress because the Mergress just looks so much better.
Larry

I own a Mergress, but have used a Progress too. The Mergress has a better feel to me & just looks better, but both shave the same. Find myself rotating between the Mergress & my Fatboy as they just feel right in my hands.

I got them both and prefer using the Mergress - I do not like to feel of the cheap plastic knob on the Progress - mine even has burrs on it. Also I think that the balance of the Mergres is superior. That said, this is not one of my favorite razors - I like the Futur much better if I had to pick an adjustible but generally use non-adjustibles (i.e., slant, red-tip, Big Fellow, New) in my daily rotation.

Top Bottom