What's new

Bluetooth question

My bluetooth disconnects everytime I am near a microwave. Mine or a friends, new or old; it doesn't matter. I was recently told it means the microwaves are not sealed properly and are leaking. Is that hokum?
Sue

My bluetooth disconnects everytime I am near a microwave. Mine or a friends, new or old; it doesn't matter. I was recently told it means the microwaves are not sealed properly and are leaking. Is that hokum?
Sue

Unless they are ALL leaking that doesn't make sense. Microwaves are known for interfering with stuff. You'll just have to be careful around them. Kitchens will now become your new elevator: "sorry josh, I'm entering a kitchen now, I might loose you!". Hopefully you don't spend too much time while on the phone and in Elevators..erm...I meant kitchens.

I think microwaves cause problems with pacemakers, too (or they used too).

You probably should avoid atom bombs as well, as they give off similar radiation.

:biggrin:

I'd rather get rid of the microwave - it's Satan's own cooking implement. Hence we ditched our microwave. Bluetooth headsets have their place - wandering around town isn't it though.

Sue

Probably hoakum. If it was one microwave oven that was really old (20+ years), I'd say it's a possibility.

But microwaves can interfere with wireless communications. Not sure about bluetooth. Maybe it's happening on the phone end of the bluetooth connection.

Bluetooth devices, microwave ovens, wireless laptops/cards/internet routers, and many cordless phones all operate on the 2.4GHz band, so if you have these devices in proximity to each other you can have interference issues. The microwave oven does not have to be broken or malfunction in any way for this to happen, it's just the nature of the beast.

I know on wireless routers it's possible to change to a different channel so you can have multiple 2.4GHz devices with minimal interference, but I'm not entirely certain that's possible on whatever bluetooth device you're using--it really depends on what you're using and whether there are controls available to give you the option.

Top Bottom