What's new

My Catholic Guilt Slant

A few weeks ago I was having a cigar in Harvard Square, Cambridge before I was to meet some friends. While I'm smoking my cigar I run into three friends of mine. Well we talk then the conversation gets somewhat nasty as in put-downs etc. You know "Guy Talk". Well I generally give it back but I was enjoying my cigar so much I didn't reply.

Well a few days later I get a call from one of them. The guy apologies to me for the "put downs". He felt he was out of line and wanted to say he was sorry. Plus, he told me he was going to 5 PM Mass that day and he felt bad in church thinking about it. I think that by me not replying he thought I was upset.

Then he tells me he knows about my DE Hobby and wants to make it up to me. He then tells me about a brand new Merkur Slant he found recently that he lost behind a bathroom cabinet decades ago. Now he wants to give me it as a "Peace Offering".:001_huh:

While listening to him I realize that one, I'm not upset with him and yes the cigar did help. Two, he is suffering from Catholic Guilt and if you don't know what it is consider yourself lucky. Third, I can get a basically new razor for free.

Now the right thing for me to do is to tell him I wasn't offended and tell him to keep his Slant.

Naaah!!!:biggrin:

Told him his apology was accepted and yes the Slant would make a nice "Peace Offering".

For once in my life Catholic Guilt worked for me!:sneaky2:

David

Now that's just too funny. You can really get some good stuff outta this. You can be a really sensitive guy, right?:biggrin:

The good Sisters of Perpetual Misery would be very disappointed in you. And yes, I survived Catholic School.

Doc.

Personally I wouldn't want the catholic guilt of knowing I took a razor I shouldn't have - I mean it would suck to have to say confession over a razor every other week.

If I got a razor everytime somebody offended me or shot a put down my way, I would be a megaseller on eBay by now! :biggrin:

The cigar was so relaxing that I heard them talking yet I wasn't really listening.

David

A cigar!!?? MY MAN, excellent thing to do!! I've heard there is no Cuban cigars in the USA...Is that so? BTW wich one had such cooling effect on your psique?!:c2:

Nothing illegal, i hope...:em2100::lol:

Sorry to hear that!! If you could taste and scent the smoke of a Vuelta Abajo Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro or a Trinidad, all the wars will end!!!

JFK was himself a cuban connaisseur it seems, but the whole thing of embargo to European eyes seems outdated!! Well but i don't have all information about this issue to get a proper overview.

That would be interesting wouldn't it!?

Indeed it would. Every once in a while you do hear of people buying an old house and doing renovations and finding a cache of antique something or other's. Wouldn't it be nice to be the one finding the antique something or other? Wouldn't it be really nice if it was a stash of razors? I guess a stash of gold coins would be fine too; those could be used to buy razors :lol:.

I'm afraid that is true! I have been able to enjoy a handful but they are contraband in this country,

That's one reason I'm glad I live in Canada :biggrin:

Indeed it would. Every once in a while you do hear of people buying an old house and doing renovations and finding a cache of antique something or other's. Wouldn't it be nice to be the one finding the antique something or other? Wouldn't it be really nice if it was a stash of razors? I guess a stash of gold coins would be fine too; those could be used to buy razors :lol:.

That would be AWESOME. I should raid my grandparent's stuff one day. However, my mom is pretty sure all my grandfather's shaving stuff got thrown away :frown:

David,

I think you should look at it as you did him a favor in accepting the Slant by allowing him the opportunity to redeem himself and pay penance for his guilt! He will sleep better at night, you're a nice guy, AND you get a new Slant! What a great friend you are. You're practically a Saint! :cool:

Top Bottom