What's new

Time Machine

I am building a time machine. I still have yet to collect a toaster oven, toilet brush, and yak hair, but when it is finished I plan to visit 1957 to buy a new Harley, 1966 to buy a new razor, and 1978 to attend a few rock concerts. You are all welcome to borrow it but you must tell me where you are travelling to and why.

I'll borrow your time machine but I'm going to go back to the mid to late 1980's and go sit on the beach on one of the Pulau Seribu Islands. It's a place I spent many weekends as a teenager with my family or with the family of my best friend. Water skiing and snorkeling with great friends or just sitting on the beach enjoying the view. (I use to bring 7 of my best friends with me when we went so we always had a good time.)

I'd love to be able to see this just one more time......
proxy.php

Pulau Seribu translates into "thousand islands". The island i want to go to is the private island I use to go to so many times that was owned by the company my father worked for their employees to go to for some R&R and get out of the city.

I'll borrow your time machine but I'm going to go back to the mid to late 1980's and go sit on the beach on one of the Pulau Seribu Islands. It's a place I spent many weekends as a teenager with my family or with the family of my best friend. Water skiing and snorkeling with great friends or just sitting on the beach enjoying the view. (I use to bring 7 of my best friends with me when we went so we always had a good time.)

I'd love to be able to see this just one more time......
proxy.php

Pulau Seribu translates into "thousand islands". The island i want to go to is the private island I use to go to so many times that was owned by the company my father worked for their employees to go to for some R&R and get out of the city.

Nice! If you are going to the 80`s, you might want to pick up some Microsoft stock while you are there.

Edit: my use of the time machine was to go back in time to prevent a tragedy, which is not really in keeping with the fun aspect of this thread.

Last edited:
Edit: my use of the time machine was to go back in time to prevent a tragedy, which is not really in keeping with the fun aspect of this thread.

I read about the tragedy to which you are referring. You have stepped to the head of the line my friend.

I saw your post before you changed it, and it was an awful thing that happened. I even debated whether or not to put up my relatively trite response, but ultimately I decided that this thread (and the site in general) is about having fun, so I swallowed my guilt and went ahead anyway. That does not in any way diminish your original point, however, which is well taken.

No good intent would come out of my journey so forbid me from use of this wonderful device.

You could go back to the beginning of the internet and officially ban the use of YMMV:rolleyes:

I would have to go to:

Jerusalem circa 30 AD to get a first hand account.
Sept. 10 2001 to place a few warnings
Memphis April 4, 1968 to deal with a certain James Earl Ray early in the morning
November 9, 1989 to see the Berlin wall fall

I can think of so many other places, but I'll just go with these for now

You could go back to the beginning of the internet and officially ban the use of YMMV:rolleyes:

I would have to go to:

Memphis April 4, 1968 to deal with a certain James Earl Ray early in the morning

I didn't realize that we were going this route, I too read the edited post and feel for all involved. I will add:

I would put myself in front of The Dakota on the evening of Dec 8, 1980 and steer a certain misguided young man up and along Central Park West and away from the infamy he sought.

I would like to see what the reaction was in the studio the day Led Zeppelin cut Stairway to Heaven.

I would put myself at the Dallas book depository the morning of November 22, 1963 and make sure no one carrying a rifle got in. Then I would hustle over to the grassy knoll with a camera just to be sure.

I would stop the following from getting on their respective airplanes: the 9/11 hijackers, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Richie Valens, John Kennedy Jr., Paul Wellstone, Payne Stewart, Thurman Munson, Phillipe Cousteau, Roberto Clemente, Jim Croce and Rocky Marciano.

I would tell many other to drive slowly, including, James Dean and Pele Limburgh.

I would need a dedicated forum to go through all the things in my head. For starters, I'd take it straight to the Mesozoic Era. I wanna know what that was all about. I would ake measures to avoid being eaten at all costs.
I'd love to go back and make a difference is some tragedies, but the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and littered with the bodies of those who were just trying to help. There are some good possibilities, though, but in some cases trying to warn people could get you locked up, either for being a loon, or a suspect. But if it saved lives it'd be worth it.

On a lighter and more personal note, I would decline the arm-wrestling match that cost my right humerus its structural integrity. That sucked. People may think a broken arm's not that big a deal, but they're wrong.

I would like to ride with the likes of Doc Holiday, Jesse James or Billy the Kid. Get back into the time machine see a Hendrix and Led Zep concert. Get back in time machine to present...eat dinner, love on wife and go to bed. That would be a good day. :smile:

I would like to ride with the likes of Doc Holiday, Jesse James or Billy the Kid. Get back into the time machine see a Hendrix and Led Zep concert. Get back in time machine to present...eat dinner, love on wife and go to bed. That would be a good day. :smile:

Good day? Great day!

I would have to go to:

+1 on your choices.

I would also add being there for the Sermon On The Mount.

... the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, ...

I think my friend that it should be good intentions not carried out - the things we should do and want to do, but never get around to doing.

I would go back in time to April, 1912 and visit the RMS Titanic before she leaves on her maiden voyage. I don't know what I would do to avoid it, though.

And if I could do it without interfering in any way, I would like to see the Battle of Gettysburg, and the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

I am building a time machine. I still have yet to collect a toaster oven, toilet brush, and yak hair, but when it is finished I plan to visit 1957 to buy a new Harley, 1966 to buy a new razor, and 1978 to attend a few rock concerts. You are all welcome to borrow it but you must tell me where you are travelling to and why.

Hmmm. You can just buy one from Apple Computer.

Tim

I saw your post before you changed it, and it was an awful thing that happened. I even debated whether or not to put up my relatively trite response, but ultimately I decided that this thread (and the site in general) is about having fun, so I swallowed my guilt and went ahead anyway. That does not in any way diminish your original point, however, which is well taken.
Yes, we all have terrible things in our past that we would give anything to be able to go back and change. Nothing I can do will change the past, but there is a time to talk about those things and a time to have fun with your friends. This is one of those better times so I felt it best to remove my link.

Top Bottom