What's new

HELP--merkur slant

I just received a new, used merkur slant today.(Traded for it here this week). Looks like new in the box.:mad: Tried it out and it shaved exactly like my HD. Upon closer inspection , (and referencing Kile's review,(pictures of slant) my blade was loaded "straight", no protruding edge at all. there is no adjustments, tried a feather, crystal and even a derby, all the same. Does this sound right? Anyway, check the pic out and PLEASE, someone let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That looks like a slant yup. Seems all right! The description on how you loaded the blade seems right.

No doubt that it's a slant. Did you tighten the head tightly?

yes, I'm mainly going by the picture on Kiles review of the slant, theres alot of difference and he loved it, to me theres no difference, loaded straight and no difference in the shave. My Futur is closer, go figure??

Is there no way you could return this one? You didn't get what was promised after all!

No, the member said he'd never used it and already had one and was nice enough to send a couple packs of blades, I traded him a brush I didn't use anyway sooooo, hes happy with that, these are only about $32 new. Theres a sledgehammer on ebay that was at $49 last wk and it didn't sell, this week hes at $40 with free shipping and says hes going to a straight and only used it 3 times. Mite try that but if it doesn't turn out to be real its starting to get expensive.:eek:

It's definitely a slant...but i'm sorry it wasn't what you were looking for tlanning. :frown:

Hey chip, no problem here friend!! you said you never used it, it could just be me!!!! I wasn't going to even mention your user name! incidentally it gave a good shave and I thank you for the extra:001_smile

Don't know what you are seeing in the pics but this is not, repeat, NOT a slant.
Get your info right.

I don't know what the Slants are like in the EU, but my slant looks just like that. I even went to go see the one in my stand that I use everyday and it has a flat head, but it is twisted. I don't think you can say from these pictures that the head is twisted or not.

Can you take another picture of it from the top? The angle is a bit odd on th at pic.

But from what I can see it looks pretty much like a Slant; at least the ones I have owned anyway. Better pictures would eliminate any mystery.

Don't know what you are seeing in the pics but this is not, repeat, NOT a slant.
Get your info right.
Chillax, Bro. :smile:

I don't know what the Slants are like in the EU, but my slant looks just like that. I even went to go see the one in my stand that I use everyday and it has a flat head, but it is twisted. I don't think you can say from these pictures that the head is twisted or not.

I agree--the head on this SLANT is "twisted!!! and I think its a slant but, look at the slant review picture of how the blade is held-- thats what i'm saying and i know its not your fault because you never used it!! i know that, not what i'm trying to say. This blade loads perfectly straight, no slant at all, does not follow the bottom piece. I really answered my own question when i looked at kile's review, (picture). its just some kind of fluke, You had no of knowing, anyway its easy to shave your sideburn staight:biggrin::biggrin:

I agree--the head on this SLANT is "twisted!!! and I think its a slant but, look at the slant review picture of how the blade is held-- thats what i'm saying and i know its not your fault because you never used it!! i know that, not what i'm trying to say. This blade loads perfectly straight, no slant at all, does not follow the bottom piece. I really answered my own question when i looked at kile's review, (picture). its just some kind of fluke, You had no of knowing, anyway its easy to shave your sideburn staight:biggrin::biggrin:

It's not supposed to follow the bottom piece, but be parallel to the razor head.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=87841

It's a slant. Slant heads aren't curved, but instead they, well, slant. There should be decreasing (or increasing, depending on where you start) blade exposure from one end of the razor's head to the other, same on the flip side. That appears to be the case based on these pictures. Like Austin said, be sure that the razor is tightly put together. The slant should feel similar to an HD, but delivers a closer shave (at least for me) because of the slanting angle at which the blade cuts the hair.

Top Bottom