What's new

Where In the World Am I?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here you go!

20230523_201441.jpg

Rudy is correct! That amphitheater was built by the Romans in Arles, France. It was built around 90 AD and can hold over 20,000 spectators. The towers were not part of the original construction, but added much later.

Take it away, @Rudy Vey!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Somehow my notifications haven't come across for this thread, but am glad to see that it continues still. I had that Roman amphitheater in Nimes .. so carry on. Maybe I'll get a notice when someone gets it

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Somehow my notifications haven't come across for this thread, but am glad to see that it continues still. I had that Roman amphitheater in Nimes .. so carry on. Maybe I'll get a notice when someone gets it
it gets a bit confusing sometimes....especially if someone posts something totally out of the blue....

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It’s Newgrange Burial Mound in Ireland.
Yes, it is!! You are on....
We visited it in March 2006, my wife had a life threatening heart issue in the end of 2005, and had emergency triple bypass surgery. Her wish was - if she makes it - to go back to Ireland and visit this place, We did...she went inside (I am not, claustrophobic...), it is a very amazing place and we actually went twice there and spend a lot of time.

Yes, it is!! You are on....
We visited it in March 2006, my wife had a life threatening heart issue in the end of 2005, and had emergency triple bypass surgery. Her wish was - if she makes it - to go back to Ireland and visit this place, We did...she went inside (I am not, claustrophobic...), it is a very amazing place and we actually went twice there and spend a lot of time.
We’ve been to a few prehistoric sites over the years. They’re special.

A powerful man lived here a few hundred years ago.

Attachments

• 357B3B6F-3040-46B5-A3DF-F68BD625D933-314-000001F63A29B686 13.jpg
    357B3B6F-3040-46B5-A3DF-F68BD625D933-314-000001F63A29B686 13.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Is it Warwick Castle?
Yes, it’s Warwick Castle. The castle is over 900 years old and there’s been a fortification on the site for more than 1100 years.
In the 15th century it was the home of Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, known as ’Warwick the Kingmaker’.

Your turn.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
What I've always enjoyed in this thread was seeing & reading about places I will likely never be able to visit. Did I mis-read that that site was also, albeit temporarily, the digs of one William the Conqueror? Here in the states we learned that Wm the C was a pretty significant fellow of olde England ...

What I've always enjoyed in this thread was seeing & reading about places I will likely never be able to visit. Did I mis-read that that site was also, albeit temporarily, the digs of one William the Conqueror? Here in the states we learned that Wm the C was a pretty significant fellow of olde England ...
Further olde info on Warwick Castle

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3369 2.jpg
    IMG_3369 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Top Bottom