What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap is no longer Tallow based

I still have hopes…I just went back to my new puck with my Muhle synthetic and loaded heavy with a damp brush, avoiding the foamy lather that is typical of mwf.
I was able to produce very tick lather, tabac style. Lots of it. So this stuff lathers great.
I’ll change my technique for my shave tomorrow, go dryer than usual and hydrate on the face.

1684975281671.png

From Connaught Shaving

Last edited:
Currently happy with this soap with tallow. Because of the ingredients (tetrasodium and EDTA) I would have not bought it again. Well , with this news... This is the nails in the coffin.

What am I gonna do with my MWF dish now?
I'm hoping any current production dishes stay the same, as there was no mention of Tallow on them.

I had one years ago, got rid of it somewhere along the way and will add one again shortly.

I'll follow up with Connaught and use the non tallow refill in the shower!

What am I gonna do with my MWF dish now?
There's always Haslinger! True, it is a vegetable-based soap, but at least it is stearic acid/coconut oil based instead of palm oil/stearic. There's also the Sensitive which is completely unscented in case you don't like the Schafmilch scent. It's quite a good soap.

I feel like so many shave soaps are converging on the palm oil based formulas, they'll soon be interchangeable.

Well I lucked out. I got a MWF a bit ago meaning like a month ago, have yet to use it, here is the picture of the old puck unopened. Old meaning the old forumulation. What do I do with it now? Do I even open this great wonder, use it, try it, do I hear a bid there, bids......🐑

After all tallow based soap.....

20230524_223529.jpg

Just out of curiosity are there any artisan soap makers in Europe that use tallow or do they follow the herd as well?
Areffa soap. Very nice product but you might need a boar or synthetic brush. I find that I constantly need to load more load between passes with my badger brush

Top Bottom