What's new

Paradigm Salient 316?

I guessing Andy burned most or all his American Mfg bridges and took this one to China to be made but it will only retail for $120... Very non-looking Paradigm design and the razor is supposed to be a very mild aggression unlike all other offerings from him. Reception ha been very luke warm so far on other forums!!

1684324274299.png

I hope it is very successful. It’s very well-priced and Paradigm is one of the most sought after razor brands. I’m sure a lot of people would have loved a high-end, high-polish razor with the distinctly Paradigm design cues that we’re accustomed to, but perhaps that will also come later if this sells well enough. We should all be pleased that Paradigm is back.

Has Andy said that it is made in China or are the comments above just supposition? Not that it matters - the quality and performance are all that counts.

I took a peek at the Paradigm website. Looks like he has a new logo. Interesting that it just shows the Salient and has removed Ti 1/2 and Diamondback information other than a note in the about us. Also indicated that other razors are on the drawing board.

Curious if this is a shift in brand.

Chinese are capable of building quality products.

But they don’t seem to have much innovation, making clones, and copycat's is specialty.

Going by the Apple example it's an arrangement that might work.
Design and thinking come from Cupertino, Foxconn China just executes
well.

No reason to believe that this arrangement won't work for Paradigm as well.

Going by the Apple example it's an arrangement that might work.
Design and thinking come from Cupertino, Foxconn China just executes
well.

No reason to believe that this arrangement won't work for Paradigm as well.
Weeeellll, dunno 'bout that. I just received my Boti Gem-blade carrier, complete with full round post and locating posts 3mm too far forward. I'm supposed to be receiving a new head with, "next month's run..." We shall see.

I'm only a fan of Chinese mfg for single use tools, anything else is a big gamble.

Weeeellll, dunno 'bout that. I just received my Boti Gem-blade carrier, complete with full round post and locating posts 3mm too far forward. I'm supposed to be receiving a new head with, "next month's run..." We shall see.

I'm only a fan of Chinese mfg for single use tools, anything else is a big gamble.

Trying to win you over.

At least Paradigm is transparent. My two emails to West Coast Shaving requesting country of origin for their new $180 razor (before discounts) have been ignored.

My only reservation about buying the new razor: Is Paradigm stamped anywhere on it?
Paradigm has never engraved their name on any of their razors... As far as WCS and being transparent, history shows with the past releases of CG designed razors that they were all Mfg'd in China so I don't understand why everyone is so bent because he never disclosed it in the description!! The price alone told me it was Mfg'd in China...

Top Bottom