What's new

What's your pet peeve about wet shaving?

So, what's your number one pet peeve about wet shaving? What spikes your blood pressure, makes you cuss, or spit on the floor?

The number one thing that makes me cuss is when a brush sheds. I absolutely hate seeing bristles on my shaving soap, or on my face. Brushes have knots glued in place for a reason, darn it.

Mostly is the lather hitting the floor. I shave in my office, where I have oak floor, which I absolutely adore. I placed a small carpet around the sink but sometimes it still flies over and lands on the wooden floor.

Other minor ones are lather landing on my legs/feet, dropping the brush or hard soap spinning in the bowl while lathering.

Cartridges for which plastic caps are not available. If you buy a pack of disposables, they put a reusable, secure, protective cap on each cartridge. Refill packs for permanent handles come like 8-12 in a plastic rack so once it's on the handle, there's nothing to protect it so you either need to buy a pack of disposables of the same type primarily for the caps, or find some other cap that fits best. I've yet to find anything that fits a Hydro 3 because Schick never made a disposable version of it, even for a private label.

That and blood loss.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Soap manufacturers saying a soap smells like "notes of gunpowder, cedar moss, motor oil, lilac, rose petals, neroli, amber, musk, and diesel fuel" and then you have to try and determine what it smells like....
Understandable peeve. Yet more often than not it smells like a field of clover after a rainstorm in the winter with subtle hints of black rhinoceros urine. Some of you will get me...

That the industry soapmakers change what people love, Tabac to start with. Oh and just copy the dang Old type , it's one of my best shavers and it was made in 1921 per the serial number. Overall very few complaints, now the war dept. Would say otherwise with the closet totes of blades, soaps, and razors. My next two strops must be ordered with a Horween decorated purse with one of them lol. Life is such.

So, what's your number one pet peeve about wet shaving? What spikes your blood pressure, makes you cuss, or spit on the floor?

The number one thing that makes me cuss is when a brush sheds. I absolutely hate seeing bristles on my shaving soap, or on my face. Brushes have knots glued in place for a reason, darn it.

That made me so mad,
That I switched to synthetics.
That was years ago.

That Haiku by DrStrange

The SO’s reaction to new scents.
She goes totally over the top in reaction.
I recently tried Pre de Provence No. 63. O M G. The windows were open, she washed everything from the bathroom, towels, rug and shower curtains. Had the room closed with fan blowing out the windows.
At least she tolerates ToBS Jermyn St and AdP.

Top Bottom