What's new

Pearl Flexi Open Comb release

Just saw a teaser on the Pearl Sales rep Dhara Bhatt's Whatsapp status

The Pearl Flexi Open Comb. Am in touch with her to buy one. There is a definitive change in the overall structure of the razor, design of the handle and ofcourse its open comb. Looks less bulky than the original Flexi. Remains to be seen how it actually differs.

Edit : Just ordered one from their website for around 70 USD plus free shipping. Now the wait !

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Interesting thanks - I have enjoyed my Pearl Flexi, and usually opt for an Open Comb when available. But shipping to the states is pricey.

I am sure like recent razors, they might be available around the 75 bucks bench mark.price with local shipping in the USA through local vendors like Maggards

I really appreciate the handle design and bottom knob which now matches better with the top adjustment dial/knob.

I personally didn't have much luck with two of my Pearl Flexi razors. The second one was much better but I still feel like something is a miss. I will have to try swapping top caps from the first one to the new one and the stand from my first one to the second one because its definitely wonky and doesn't sit flat. I wonder if they have made any other improvements to the flexi design other than the obvious to get a more consistent and precise razor. I wonder if they have lightened the load a little too.

I'm looking forward to seeing reviews on this one and wish Pearl nothing but the best. They're clearly capable of creating decent enough razors if they put the effort in. I'm glad its not an adjustable slant too. ;) :p hahaha.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
First glance I didn't see it at Amazon, but it is there - $69 with free shipping (from India likely). Just when I think I'm out ..

What sad is Pearl's website wanted about the same price for the razor but $24 in shipping ..

That's a really beautiful looking razor I must say. I also love the idea of an open comb adjustable razor but I am going to wait to read reviews. A lot of folks complained about issues with the mechanism of Pearl flexi sb.

Reactions: Kix
Lets hope it doesn't have any issues, being 1st edition......
Ordered one......and this AM ordered the RR SuperSlant OC.....

:eek2:
Good point, However I guess the earlier versions including some current copies suffer from the same issue related to the spring which keeps the razor adjustable. I have had the same problem of bad springs causing canting on old Gillette razors, modern ones like the Rex Ambassador as well as on the newest release of Rockwell - the Model T2 in SS. Guess this spring mechanism will always be an Achilles heel for vintage or modern adjustable razors.

Good point, However I guess the earlier versions including some current copies suffer from the same issue related to the spring which keeps the razor adjustable. I have had the same problem of bad springs causing canting on old Gillette razors, modern ones like the Rex Ambassador as well as on the newest release of Rockwell - the Model T2 in SS. Guess this spring mechanism will always be an Achilles heel for vintage or modern adjustable razors.
This is true. I must have got lucky with the Rockwell T2 SS and the the REX Ambassador this time around. Springs will always be a failing point. They do weaken over time too.
My Yaqi TFC in brass could have been better with a firmer spring.
I feel like all razors have their problems if you look for them.
The Tatara Muramasa came with a rubber O ring that were less than optimal but Tatara went ahead and reissued people with silicone O rings to resolve everything and then began shipping all Muramasa razors with the silicone O rings.

I have a few open combs but none that are right up there with my solid bar razors but it would be interesting to see how well this razor works. The price point is good and actually looks a little more precise from this video but time will tell how good they actually are. I'm keen to hear everyone's opinions once they get theirs. I feel like Pearl have the adequate experience with this kind of design and feedback to produce a good razor.

Top Bottom