What's new

Decanting Clubman?

I have a large size bottle of Clubman, the "Country Club" size, and was wondering about decanting it?

Where can I find bottles to decant? I should probably get one for the LV too...

salad oil/vinegar shaker bottles are good.
hot sauce bottles are good.soak in hot soapy water to peel the labels off ,rinse well.use a baby dosing syringe(the kind with flexible tubing instead of a needle) to fill the bottles.some of the hot sauce bottles are ornate,have different color caps,flip tops etc.
the cruet bottles take a little work--teflon tape to seal the screw on cap threads and a plunger type device to seal the hole,preventing evaporation of volatiles.i use a plastic headed straight pin that has a bend in the shaft .insert the pin thru the cap and then bend the shaft to keep it from falling out when you pour the liquid into your hand.when you return the stewardess :redface:, i mean the bottle to the upright position the pin should drop back down.

I've been searching this myself, about to either buy some glass bottles in various shapes and sizes from a restaurant supplier or go to antique stores for older bottles. I want all my aftershaves out of plastic!

On a similar topic: Does anyone have any ideas as to how one could remove the label from clubman or other splashes in a salvageable manner? I want to affix the old label to the new glass bottles if I can.

On a similar topic: Does anyone have any ideas as to how one could remove the label from clubman or other splashes in a salvageable manner? I want to affix the old label to the new glass bottles if I can.

Not sure if it's the best way, but back when I was reusing bottles for homebrewing, I would soak used store bought beer bottles in a 1/4 cup bleach to 5 gal. water solution to clean over night. Depending on the glue used, some labels would be floating off the next day, others took several days. Also, I noticed if I fished the label out and set it on the side of the bathtub and then forgot about it, it would dry adhered to the bathtub. No additional glue necessary.

Top Bottom