What's new

What would you want the future to find?

This is a curious question that came about from the WMTR thread... I recently visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art for the Pompeii: Art and Culture from around the Bay of Naples exhibit.

I was very moved by the time capsule this exhibit provided that pulled me in to a world lost over 2000 years ago.

So, the question is...

Were your remains/house/home/belongings to be excavated from the ruins of a disaster a thousand years from now what would you most like to have survived the test of time for future generations to study?

Post some pics or a description please :)

Last edited:
I would like for people to find my guns and razors. They have an unparalleled combination of art and function that make them very valuable to me. I also would hope that they find my soon to be ordered badger glencairn glasses :tongue_sm

BTW, for those of you missed Anocer's original answer (and since he didn't repost it here :tongue:) his answer was an Ellis straight. That is assuming he is lucky enough to own one of his own some day :biggrin:

I would like for people to find my guns and razors. They have an unparalleled combination of art and function that make them very valuable to me. I also would hope that they find my soon to be ordered badger glencairn glasses :tongue_sm

BTW, for those of you missed Anocer's original answer (and since he didn't repost it here :tongue:) his answer was an Ellis straight. That is assuming he is lucky enough to own one of his own some day :biggrin:

Yer darn tootin'! Some day... :001_wub:

What gun in particular? Which razor? Let's see some pics!

Yer darn tootin'! Some day... :001_wub:

What gun in particular? Which razor? Let's see some pics!

Two guns in particular, but I'll post pics of three later. My two favorites are my Desert Eagle .50 in 24 karat cold, and a 9mm CZ that I have with some gold etching as well

I am preemptively listing my razors that I have on order from Robert Williams, Frank Warner, and the MoP Dovo that is coming for Father's day (no pics of those yet)... The str8s that I have now aren't collector quality, but I will post a pic of it as well. Pics coming later, guns are in storage.

Me, in a perfect state of preservation so that I could be revived...

Aside from that, I'd have to say my jacked up 200$ station wagon, with a whole host of decidedly non standard modifications. Why? Just so the experts will argue over it for years following the discovery.

Me, in a perfect state of preservation so that I could be revived...

Aside from that, I'd have to say my jacked up 200$ station wagon, with a whole host of decidedly non standard modifications. Why? Just so the experts will argue over it for years following the discovery.

:lol:

I would like them to find the contents of the pipes under my sink, so future anthropologists can make assumptions and argue over my religious and social values.

Top Bottom