What's new

Timeless Razors

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have given everybody else, who are more experienced then I am, a chance to chime in first. As many of you have multiple high end razors, Timeless, Wolfman, Tatara Masumune, and even you guessed it, Rocnel Sailors. As such, you folks are better qualified to provide comparisons of such razors.

Meet, my Timeless Ti95 razor...
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Smooth Cap
Scalloped SB Base Plate
Crown Handle
Polished Titanium
Engraved

IMG_3848.JPG

The Timeless TI95, is my only truly high end razor. And I can tell you right now, there's nothing like the feel of titanium alloy on your face, its hard to describe, which is why other's need to experience it for themselves. Previous to getting this razor, I was using a stainless steel Rex Ambassador razor. I can tell you right now, the Rex was most certainly efficient, especially since its an adjustable. Having said that however, it provided some rough shaves too, I guess thats what I get for bringing T-Rex to my face lol.

What sets the Timeless TI95 razor apart for me, is its just as efficient as my Rex Ambassador, but its also a smooth shaver as well. Despite being a standard bar and not open comb, I found that the TI95, is capable of providing me a 2 to 3 day whisker shave no problem. The large .95 gap and positive exposure, well, this razor is not messing around!

But please note, as I had to learn myself, this razor requires excellent technique, so if your somebody who is still a beginner to traditional wet shaving, and you haven't learned proper technique, then this razor is not for you. If you apply any pressure whatsoever, the large gap and positive exposure, will give you weepers before the shave is over. Additionally, as I had discovered, this razor is also an excellent potato peeler, it will remove a layer of skin if your not careful.

As I am somebody who chases after that BBS at all times, I learned some new things with this razor, and this razor forced me to improve upon my technique. Having said that however, I do find this razor to be incredibly efficient, and smooth! IMO, the gap is too large however to consider this an everyday shaver, its much too aggressive for that, and I reserve it for 2 to 3 day whisker shaves only. If one wants an everyday shaving razor, consider a razor with a .68 gap for example.

If your shaving a weeks worth of growth, its recommended that you get an efficient open comb razor instead of a standard bar. Configuration options are available from Timeless, if you want to go open comb instead of standard bar. Considering how much I paid for my razor, I didn't want to spend more money on extra base plates. But it is a fine razor that I do so recommend.

IMG_3958.JPG

The weight of titanium feels great in the hand. Not too light like aluminum, and not too heavy like stainless steel or brass. This of it as like the goldilocks of razors, its just right. Additionally, I discovered that Wizamet blades work best in the razor, this is because they are sharp and smooth blades. And if your somebody who has course tough whiskers like I do, your going to appreciate using the proper blade in this thing.

I will be very much interested if you end up getting a Timeless razor. Other's are also correct, they have a scratch and dent section with cheaper prices. But don't let the name fool you, in all the time that users on this site have been purchasing from their scratch and dent section, not one, has reported scratches and or dents on the razor pieces. I have only heard reports of absolute perfection, a perfect razor, for less the cost of new.

Good luck!

My experience with the Al45 has been excellent. I love this razor. Personally, I think the Timeless razors are the ultimate in beauty. Someday I would love to try a .95 scalloped. Until I save my pennies, the aluminium is an awesome shaver.

My experience with the Al45 has been excellent. I love this razor. Personally, I think the Timeless razors are the ultimate in beauty. Someday I would love to try a .95 scalloped. Until I save my pennies, the aluminium is an awesome shaver.

One is for sale on Timeless Web-Site Scratch n Dent for cheap.

Last edited:
@DesertIguana
I own a Timeless Ti with a .95 OC and .95 SB plates. Best shaving investment I ever made and the last razor I'll ever likely buy. Great razor and gives a very efficient and comfortable shave. After speaking with Matt when I was considering it, I followed his suggestion and he was spot on and I never looked back.

I just invested heavily in Timeless. I picked up the Brass, Aluminium (Aluminum depending on what dictionary you use) and the Titanium with .65 and .95 plates.

So far I've used each razor and head once and haven't had a bad shave yet. The Titanium is the most comfortable with the .95 head giving the closest shave whilst not feeling too different from the .65.

I'm pretty sure the Timeless has taken the top spot in my shave den over my full kit of ATT stuff. Sadly my RAD isn't quite satiated yet though.

So, just browsing the boards, not really in the market for a new razor as I'm totally content with my cheapy EJ DE89. Lo and behold I see Timeless mentioned as a high end shaving tool. So, I jump over to their site and to my shock, I see they are located about ~45 minutes from me - this could get me into trouble, LOL. So I shot out an email explaining that I'm looking for something comparable in shaving characteristics to my DE89, and to see if they had a storefront, and while they don't, they mentioned I could stop in and look at some of their offerings :)

We don’t have a store front but we have people come into the factory office all the time. You can stop by whenever you prefer just call me to let me know and I’ll have some things ready for you.
I would recommend the SS or TI .95 blade gap. Which plate depends on how often you shave and the type of hair growth you have.
SB is for daily shaving with little hair
SCL is for 2-3 days growth
OC is for 3-5 days growth and or thick coarse hair.

So it sounds like the SB (Solid Bar) is the least aggressive, and then the SCL (Scalloped) and then the OC (Open Comb) is the most aggressive.

Anyway, I don't even want to visit this place as the razor they recommend for me is almost $300 😲, and I know if I walk into this place, I'll probably leave with a lighter wallet, LOL. What's the general consensus, worth the $$?? Can anyone who has tried a timeless and an Edwin Jagger DE89 comment on the differences?

Thanks in advance!
Their aluminum razor with stand included is a fantastic bargain. Timeless shipped me a "scratch and dent" one in December 2022 for $50. I could not find one blemish.

Think Timeless is still on my would like list.

As someone mention they actually talk to customers, and potential customers.

That is something I value customer service, and product support.

Think Timeless is still on my would like list.

As someone mention they actually talk to customers, and potential customers.

That is something I value customer service, and product support.
Between the ability to actually speak to someone who was insanely knowledgable about their product and their 30 day return policly I felt that I couldn't go wrong purchasing from them.

Between the ability to actually speak to someone who was insanely knowledgable about their product and their 30 day return policly I felt that I couldn't go wrong purchasing from them.

Think you hit nail on head, 30 day test drive is good marketing tool.🏆

Think that is unheard of in most industries.

I was curious about timeless for years!
Finally bit the bullet last year and got the 0.95mm in stainless steel.

Boy was it a let down!
I've never had such disappointment with a razor as I did with the T95!

It yielded too little efficiency for the level of aggression on the skin. I was baffled, switched from the super sharp BIC blade to the ultra smooth Wizamet, didn't improve things much.

I sold it off and never looked back!!

Other razors in that blade gap range which performed far, FAR better than the timeless:

ATT Windsor SSH1, Tatara Nodachi, Karve CB D plate, Yates H plate.

I was curious about timeless for years!
Finally bit the bullet last year and got the 0.95mm in stainless steel.

Boy was it a let down!
I've never had such disappointment with a razor as I did with the T95!

It yielded too little efficiency for the level of aggression on the skin. I was baffled, switched from the super sharp BIC blade to the ultra smooth Wizamet, didn't improve things much.

I sold it off and never looked back!!

Other razors in that blade gap range which performed far, FAR better than the timeless:

ATT Windsor SSH1, Tatara Nodachi, Karve CB D plate, Yates H plate.
I just got a Timeless Ti .95 OC with a scallopped top-cap, aiming for maximum efficiency. I normally shave with a Blackbird Ti SB. My neck hair lies particularly flat, so was looking to get an efficient OC razor, which tends to help with that isssue.

The fit and finish of the razor are second to none - it is absolutely gorgeous. But i'm a bit disappointed by the efficiency after my first shave. It is noticeably less efficient than the Ti Bird, even loaded up with a fresh feather.

Have you used the BB? How would it compare to the Nodachi?

Reactions: nav
I just got a Timeless Ti .95 OC with a scallopped top-cap, aiming for maximum efficiency. I normally shave with a Blackbird Ti SB. My neck hair lies particularly flat, so was looking to get an efficient OC razor, which tends to help with that isssue.

The fit and finish of the razor are second to none - it is absolutely gorgeous. But i'm a bit disappointed by the efficiency after my first shave. It is noticeably less efficient than the Ti Bird, even loaded up with a fresh feather.

I think you should it give it more time. Maybe you need to work on different angles. I found the Timeless head to be very different in my hand than other razors I own. My 68OC is sometimes too "efficient" if I'm not careful with the angles

Yup...the blackbird (SS and brass) is my all-time favorite razor!

It has kicked all other razors out of my den.
(I have kept the Merkur Progress as I love that razor but seldom use it).

The timeless95 can't compete with the ultra close, deep cutting BBS of the blackbird!
The BB efficiency PLUS the skin comfort is unmatched.

The nodachi was good but again, just can't match the ultra high performance of the blackbird!

There are many good razors if one wants a rotation but after having used so many razors, I've come to settle on the BB as I got tired of chasing efficiency with bigger gaps.

I think you should it give it more time. Maybe you need to work on different angles. I found the Timeless head to be very different in my hand than other razors I own. My 68OC is sometimes too "efficient" if I'm not careful with the angles
Agreed, it definitely requires more shaves. Out of curiosity, do you find riding the bar or cap works better with the timeless?

Yup...the blackbird (SS and brass) is my all-time favorite razor!

It has kicked all other razors out of my den.
(I have kept the Merkur Progress as I love that razor but seldom use it).

The timeless95 can't compete with the ultra close, deep cutting BBS of the blackbird!
The BB efficiency PLUS the skin comfort is unmatched.

The nodachi was good but again, just can't match the ultra high performance of the blackbird!

There are many good razors if one wants a rotation but after having used so many razors, I've come to settle on the BB as I got tired of chasing efficiency with bigger gaps.
Totally agree with this - the BB is the best razor i've used. My only issue is an OC is much better for my neck hair, and I've found the BB OC to be a bit too aggressive for daily use, particularly when going XTG. In fairness, I've only tried a SS OC plate in my Ti razor, which may have contributed slightly. Another option might be to use the OC for WTG and then swap to SB for XTG...is that crazy?

Totally agree with this - the BB is the best razor i've used. My only issue is an OC is much better for my neck hair, and I've found the BB OC to be a bit too aggressive for daily use, particularly when going XTG. In fairness, I've only tried a SS OC plate in my Ti razor, which may have contributed slightly. Another option might be to use the OC for WTG and then swap to SB for XTG...is that crazy?

Switching plates on the BB makes sense to me.

My neck is also very difficult to shave but I adjust the angle on the SB and find it picks up mostly everything with its exaggerated blade exposure.

But I definitely feel you should stick with the BB and switch between SB and OC plates as per your requirement.

If the lite plate comes in OC, that may be even better for you.

Switching plates on the BB makes sense to me.

My neck is also very difficult to shave but I adjust the angle on the SB and find it picks up mostly everything with its exaggerated blade exposure.

But I definitely feel you should stick with the BB and switch between SB and OC plates as per your requirement.

If the lite plate comes in OC, that may be even better for you.
Yep I've been waiting for that...in a perfect world, the adjustable they're working on will have a "blackbird" setting that replicates the gap and exposure of the BB, but that's probably not realistic.

Just ordered the OC plate in Ti...30 day trial is great.

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom