What's new

Floris JF

I just tried my new Floris JF puck I picked up on a trip to Nürnberg in Germany.
It is the new formula as the ingredient list makes no mention of any tallow.

I know people degraded Floris after the reformulation and I can't judge for myself as I never used the one with tallow, but it is definately not a bad soap.
Or the tallow based Floris must have been lonely at the top looking down on ANY other soap, or the same people are exaggerating a bit.
It was a very good shave with an easy to create lather with the right slickness and cushion and the scent is awesome.
I rate it lots higher than my L'Occitane.

I totally agree.

People don't like change. I understand that and suppliers meddling with trusted products is annoying. However,I think that after the problems in Europe with the livestock, to remove animal fats from products that you put on your face was a good idea. Floris is for me the best of the new formulations by a mile.

Good pre conditioning, good protection, non drying, lubricating lather. Leaves the face conditioned and pleasantly scented. What else is there. Oh I know it's quite expensive. No it isn't when you consider that other high end soaps need pre conditioners, after shave balms and colognes to make your face feel so good.

It is the one soap for me at least that does it all.

You should try a puck of their No. 89 if you like the JF, its another nice scent that has been recently reintroduced. I'm not normally an aftershave type of person, but Floris No. 89 is very pleasant. Mind you it's probably not the same scent as it used to be.:wink:

8<

You should try a puck of their No. 89 if you like the JF, its another nice scent that has been recently reintroduced. I'm not normally an aftershave type of person, but Floris No. 89 is very pleasant. Mind you it's probably not the same scent as it used to be.:wink:

If I knew what I know now I would have taken it. But I was a bit afraid what to expect from the soap after reading the postings about Floris.
But I liked the smell of the Elite better than N° 89 though which they didn't have in stock as a refill.

Oh, they also had a bath soap of 950gr in a wooden bowl.
Damn, it smelled so nice. I wish they would make a shaving soap with that scent.

Imo, the Floris JF is superior to Penhaligon's BB in terms of performence. It's my daily shaving soap!

cheers

Top Bottom