What's new

Important new from Above The Tie

To our valued customers:

This is very difficult for us to write. After many sleepless nights and lots of thought, Matt and I have made the decision to close Above The Tie. We honestly never thought we would be here, but over the last few years, low sales, plus rising material and labor costs have taken their toll. We have fought hard to keep from passing these increases on to our wonderful customers. We believe in taking care of not only your shaving needs, but also your wallets.

There’s no need to be sad - we’re looking forward to the next chapter in our lives. This decision will allow us to spend more quality time with our family & friends. Mason is active in Boy Scouts & just got accepted to be a percussionist in his middle school band, and Mia keeps busy with gymnastics and piano lessons. Once the business closes Matt & I will have much more time to be present for our children. It is a privilege to watch them grow and we don’t want to miss a second of it!

It has been an honor (and so much fun!) to serve the wet shaving community for the last twelve years. We have been truly humbled by the amount of support and encouragement we have received from everyone from the moment we opened our “doors” until now, when we are closing them. The friendships we’ve made with you have meant so much to us. We will miss you all, but we are excited to see what the future holds. As always from all of us at Above The Tie, happy shaving.

Matt and Mariah

To our valued customers:

This is very difficult for us to write. After many sleepless nights and lots of thought, Matt and I have made the decision to close Above The Tie. We honestly never thought we would be here, but over the last few years, low sales, plus rising material and labor costs have taken their toll. We have fought hard to keep from passing these increases on to our wonderful customers. We believe in taking care of not only your shaving needs, but also your wallets.

There’s no need to be sad - we’re looking forward to the next chapter in our lives. This decision will allow us to spend more quality time with our family & friends. Mason is active in Boy Scouts & just got accepted to be a percussionist in his middle school band, and Mia keeps busy with gymnastics and piano lessons. Once the business closes Matt & I will have much more time to be present for our children. It is a privilege to watch them grow and we don’t want to miss a second of it!

It has been an honor (and so much fun!) to serve the wet shaving community for the last twelve years. We have been truly humbled by the amount of support and encouragement we have received from everyone from the moment we opened our “doors” until now, when we are closing them. The friendships we’ve made with you have meant so much to us. We will miss you all, but we are excited to see what the future holds. As always from all of us at Above The Tie, happy shaving.

Matt and Mariah
Are you still fulfilling orders? Love your razors

G

Guest2023

Sad to hear the news. I've tried most of modern artisan razors and always thought that ATT Windsor SSR is one of the best among them.

Thanks for your great contributions so far and wish you luck in your bright future!

Sad to hear the news. I've tried most of modern artisan razors and always thought that ATT Windsor SSR is one of the best among them.

Thanks for your great contributions so far and wish you luck in your bright future!
Thank you! I’m so glad you love it!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
To our valued customers:

Matt and Mariah
Love your razors, your customer focus & service, and your willingness to be involved on B&B.

Best wishes for health, happiness, and prosperity in your new endeavors. 🙏

I wish you two and your family the best, and I hope that Stan is well, too. Like many here, ATT was my first high end stainless razor. That was an R2 (2015) with an Atlas handle. I still have it and love it. I also have an SE2, which is my favorite single edge out of the ones I've tried, and I've tried at least half a dozen. I think I recently snagged the last SE2 baseplate, which I needed after dropping my old one. I don't think the performance of that old one was affected by the drop, that is some strong steel, but I could see that one of the end teeth was bent a little. And there is a Kronos handle in the den, too. Enjoy the retirement, semi-retirement, or whatever it is that the future holds.

Pat

I wish you two and your family the best, and I hope that Stan is well, too. Like many here, ATT was my first high end stainless razor. That was an R2 (2015) with an Atlas handle. I still have it and love it. I also have an SE2, which is my favorite single edge out of the ones I've tried, and I've tried at least half a dozen. I think I recently snagged the last SE2 baseplate, which I needed after dropping my old one. I don't think the performance of that old one was affected by the drop, that is some strong steel, but I could see that one of the end teeth was bent a little. And there is a Kronos handle in the den, too. Enjoy the retirement, semi-retirement, or whatever it is that the future holds.

Pat
I also just picked up an SE2 baseplate.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I commented on the other thread, but I wanted to say: I only brought 3 razors with me on this 6 week stay in Bali and the ATT X1 AC Slant is one of them.

I’m relatively new to wet shaving (a few months over a year now). I had great correspondence with Mariah and Matt did a wonderful job designing the X1.

I know you’ll both have an amazing time watching your children grow up and your next business venture will be excellent.

Top Bottom