What's new

Simpsons Super Experiences

I've got a Chubby 1, a Chubby 2, an Eagle G3, an M7, and an Emperor 3 in Super. The Eagle, M7, and Chubby 1 are used all the time. The Chubby 2 only gets used 3-4 times a year, when the mood for a huge soft brush is on me. I can't remember the last time I used the Emperor. It isn't dense enough for me, although many love their Emperors.
I have the Emperor 3 Super as well. It’s OK, but is overpriced for what it is. The E3 knot doesn’t really excite me. I reach for my Tulip 3 Super much more often.

I think a M7 in any badger knot beats my E3 Super every time for face feel, lathering, etc. It is the perfect sized knot for me.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have the Emperor 3 Super as well. It’s OK, but is overpriced for what it is. The E3 knot doesn’t really excite me. I reach for my Tulip 3 Super much more often.

I think a M7 in any badger knot beats my E3 Super every time for face feel, lathering, etc. It is the perfect sized knot for me.
I've got the M7 in Best, Super, synth, and Manchurian. (I used to have two in Manchurian but I sent one across the big lake to some Marlie boy in Brooklin or Bowmanville.) All four M7's are in regular rotation. The very best of Simpsons!

I think an Eagle G3 in super will be next. Both @Mr. Shavington and @Owen Bawn approved! 😄 I was going to see if Simpsons would make a 58 in Super in case I get back to the scuttle this winter, but the Eagle G3 has a shorter loft so I think I would enjoy it more for face lathering.

Simpsons had an Eagle G3 listed for their Black Friday Sale but it didn't last long.

I did alternate shaves with the Duke 3 and Classic 2 Supers last week. They are almost identical in stats when measured, with the Duke 3 24.5/46 and the Classic 2 at 24/46, but they do feel differently on my face.

The Classic 2 has more face presence leading me to think it is denser. There is absolutely no scritch with this brush but there is a nice comfortable scrub, like a fresh plush towel after a shower.

The Duke 3 has excellent flow through and splays a little more than the Classic 2. There is the same gentle scrub with zero scritch.

For me they are different enough that I will keep both of them in rotation but others may not feel the same way.

There is a bit of variation within the Super grade of hair too. I notice the tips of the Classic 2 are whiter, but that could be due to the density.
IMG_20221202_160445.jpg

Here they are compared to their best counter parts.
IMG_20221202_160522.jpg

The Classic 2 handle is a bit smaller than the Duke 3 but I still find it comfortable. The Classic 2 costs less.

Both are keepers in my books!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hey @Balin, what did you end up getting? The g3 in super? I have a g2 and like it quite a bit. A classic 2 in super is on my list for the future.

I ended up getting a Classic 2 2 band and then a few months later a Chubby 2 2 band. I think next year I will be getting a G3 in super. I am leaning towards mid sized brushes now. A 58 in Super would be nice too!

linty1

My wallet cries.
I ended up getting a Classic 2 2 band and then a few months later a Chubby 2 2 band. I think next year I will be getting a G3 in super. I am leaning towards mid sized brushes now. A 58 in Super would be nice too!
Bit of an aside, but how do you find their 2 band compares to their 3 band? I am planning a reknot and kinda deciding between the two. I have a few of their 3 bands and like it a lot, but nothing in their SiLvErTiP.

Bit of an aside, but how do you find their 2 band compares to their 3 band? I am planning a reknot and kinda deciding between the two. I have a few of their 3 bands and like it a lot, but nothing in their SiLvErTiP.
I find the 2 band in general has a more consistent backbone. I really like the super though, because I am a bit of a face masher. The super splays a bit better, is not quite as soft, but is soft enough. I guess its like comparing a pillow, 2 band, to a plush face cloth, super. I hope this make sense. I like having both but will probably not add another 2-band but I would add another super brush.

Of course:

View attachment 1644018

Oh man... I don't have any in 2 band and wanted to try one.. now I'm not so sure.
I have 3 2 bands, that's why I am not getting another. For Simpsons brushes, I have 3 in best, 2 in Super, 3 in 2 band, and 1 in Manchurian. I will add another super, well because I do things in 3s! Manchurian is a different beast for me. It has just a little too much face feel for me. I only use my Manchurian if I have skipped a day shaving so 1 is plenty.

How do you find your G2 in super?

linty1

My wallet cries.
How do you find your G2 in super?

Well I really do like their Super hair, so for me it works well no issues with lack of backbone. I found all my brushes to be in the same 24-26mm range so something smaller scratched an itch for me. Just have to make sure it's not too bulby, they actually sent me a 2 band g2 by mistake (which I sent back for an exchange to this one) and the shape on that bulb was too bulby/almost pointy, I know I would not have liked that shape even if I had kept it. The handle is super comfy. It's a cute little brush.

I have never had a 58 (too large for me). However, I really enjoy my 57, a ‘Goldilocks’ brush for sure!:a29:

For awhile, I also had a 56 which was just a bit too small.

I have never had a 58 (too large for me). However, I really enjoy my 57, a ‘Goldilocks’ brush for sure!:a29:

For awhile, I also had a 56 which was just a bit too small.
The 58/57 debate is one I struggled with. Looking at the Simpsons website when I ordered mine the 58 stats made the brush smaller than a 57.

BrushHeightHandleLoftKnotLoft/Knot

On delivery my 58 ended up 107mm tall, 55mm handle, 52 loft, 25 knot at handle exit with a 2.08 loft/knot ratio. It does bloom a ton but is great for bowl lather or picking up the dregs in a Tabac jar!

Maybe I should be committed to BOSC, lol! Last summer I was obsessed with the Simpsons 23mm knots, so that is why I ended up with a Duke 3 and Classic 2 in Best.

Maybe I should try a 57 in super for the sake of science!

Last edited:
Top Bottom