What's new

What was your carry today?

S&W Shield 9mm, version 1.0.

proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Very nice. Walther just quietly flies under the radar, but they are absolutely an awesome company that make’s awesome pistols. I gotta get a PDP sooner or later.
Went to the range this morning but it was tied up with an agency doing qualifying so went back this afternoon. I wanted to make sure the current front sight was correct since the one that came on it was shooting about two inches low at 7 yards. And the new much lower one is right on and I couldn't be happier. Put eight rounds in a inch and a half group at 7 yards freehand and moderate rate of fire.

View attachment 1633695

Here’s my submission for the best/lightest minimalist setup. It’ll only get better when the absurdly light/small carbon fiber grips for the S&W show up in a few months. Very few situations couldn’t be handled with ease, with this minimalist/maximalist setup.

1.) 11.8oz - .357 Magnum S&W 340PD

2.) 2.5oz - 5 rounds of Barnes .357 magnum 125gr Tac-XPD (1250 fps, .75”
Expansion and 14.2” penetration in ballistic gel covered with multiple layers of denim)

3.) 2.1oz - Mission First Tactical Minimalist Kydex holster w/MFT concealment claw (would be an ounce lighter without the claw installed)

4.) .66oz - 500 Lumen (not a typo) Nitecore Tini 2 light, with aluminum chassis and OLED display (with kick butt features like actual count down of time remaining on the battery at different outputs as you change modes, etc)

5.) 1.6oz - Gerber Prybrid X - #11 locking razor blade, pry bar, bottle opener, large and flat head screw driver, wire stripper and nail puller

Total weight = 18.66oz. That’s 3.1oz lighter than an unloaded Glock 26...

Had a scandium long time ago. Figured the 2 ounce savings wasn't worth the recoil pain. But that 340PD sure looks nice. Nice setup!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have some left over BBQ porkchops for dinner later tonight and my body says it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood so wearing another Privateer holster and carrying my Smith & Wesson Military & Police Shield version 2.0 in 9mm Luger. (just saying that name tuckered me out)

pachanga.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have a few different clips, easy to change out. Currently it has black “C” clips. My PM9 holster has tan clips on it.
3E386DC7-E853-4526-92CC-55C678A70E7A.jpeg

This is a factory “V1” Comp-Tac holster. I like the old version much better than the “V-2” version. Alas, no longer available AFAIK.

Top Bottom