What's new

Shaving in Ireland

Greetings fellow wetshavers. I will be making my first visit to Ireland next month and was wondering if any of you who live on the far side of the Atlantic, or those who have been there, know of any shops in Dublin or Cork that one could visit. I am looking for somewhere that I might be able to find that little something different, or for sure products that we can't get here easily in North America.

Thanks to all.

I was in cork at the beginning of the year - cool town!

I had a bit of a look around and couldnt find any special shaving stuff though.

(but that doesnt mean its not there)

I live on the east coast of Ireland.
I know of no special shaving stuff in this country... other than what you bring with you, or get on the interweb tubes.
Interweb tubes are my friends (for shaving stuff).

Well... the state of things in this country... you can find dodgy blades in most supermarkets. You can get the stuff from the Bodyshop. One or two barbers out of a hundred might offer a shave (so don't go there). I think you'd be lucky to find 5 shops in the entire country that sell actual DE's. There's one barber in a shopping centre in Dublin that makes a lame half-hearted attempt... but their products are desperately overpriced.

Maybe it's different in the other parts of the country, but for the most part I think online is the only way us Irelandland shavers can survive.

Last edited:
I live on the east coast of Ireland.
I know of no special shaving stuff in this country... other than what you bring with you, or get on the interweb tubes.
Interweb tubes are my friends (for shaving stuff).

Well... the state of things in this country... you can find dodgy blades in most supermarkets. You can get the stuff from the Bodyshop. One or two barbers out of a hundred might offer a shave (so don't go there). I think you'd be lucky to find 5 shops in the entire country that sell actual DE's. There's one barber in a shopping centre in Dublin that makes a lame half-hearted attempt... but their products are desperately overpriced.

Maybe it's different in the other parts of the country, but for the most part I think online is the only way us Irelandland shavers can survive.

Interweb tubes. That's a new one by me. :biggrin:

For the OP, I've only been to Shannon Ireland and I wasn't there long enough to shop.

Chemists or supermarkets may stock something like palmolive, wilkinson blue bowl or erasmic. I don't think it is worth spending your time running after shaving soap when you could be supping a pint of Guinness or admiring the scenery instead:001_smile.

But I reckon most of us in UK and Ireland rely on interweb.

Have a great visit!

Thanks guys, although I don't plan on shaving during my three weeks there, I was hoping to find something special. Oh well, guess I will just have to spend the time drinking guiness and rolling in the heather with my girl.

Cheers

I'm not sure about the rolling in the heather bit... um... in Ireland there's a fierce load of cows.
Stuff goes in cows, stuff comes outta cows... rolling in heather might have unfortunate consequences... :p

GREETINGS, welcome to you

I was in cork at the beginning of the year - cool town!

I had a bit of a look around and couldnt find any special shaving stuff though.

(but that doesnt mean its not there)

You are quite the Internationalist Dunny. (no jealous emoticon) do you work for Kiwi Terry or Aussie Bob? jjoking While you were there, did you restock for your Akubra?

Top Bottom