What's new

UPDATE: Found a better way to use TABAC!

The first time I used it, I swirled a damp brush over a dry puck and only got enough lather for 2.5 passes:confused:

However, this time, I covered the top with warm water when I went into the shower, then I lathered in a bowl. Got enough lather for 4 passes!

Now another question I have is: when you swirl the brush, do you swirl it in a rotary motion or do you simply twist the brush?

I do the same, leaving the puck coated in hot water while I shower. I swirl in a rotary motion and twist, with one or two "plunger-esque" motions to make sure the soap is getting all the way up in my brush. I hope you're enjoying the nice Tabac lather-it protects my skin so well from my straight!

The first time I used it, I swirled a damp brush over a dry puck and only got enough lather for 2.5 passes:confused:

However, this time, I covered the top with warm water when I went into the shower, then I lathered in a bowl. Got enough lather for 4 passes!

Now another question I have is: when you swirl the brush, do you swirl it in a rotary motion or do you simply twist the brush?

Pre-wetting the soap is an old trick ... I use it all the time, but sometimes I forget to put the water on first. I still get decent lather even without pre-wetting, I just have to go back and forth over the soap more times to pick up enough product.

As for using the brush, I go around in circles, then jab it up and down vertically, then go back and forth in a criss-cross motion ... this ensures that I get enough product, and that all surfaces of the brush are covered in soap. (I might be wasting too much soap by doing this, but Tabac is cheap enough that I don't mind using an excess amount.)

I tend to only leave water on top of Tabac if I haven't used it in a while. After two days in a row with it, I just lather with a dry puck. It doesn't seem to need the water after that. But no matter how you use it it's one of, possibly the, best out there!
I also go around in circles with the brush to load. Throw in the occasional pump or two, just for fun.

I do the same, leaving the puck coated in hot water while I shower. I swirl in a rotary motion and twist, with one or two "plunger-esque" motions to make sure the soap is getting all the way up in my brush. I hope you're enjoying the nice Tabac lather-it protects my skin so well from my straight!

Tabac will be my permanent go-to soap. It provides such great cushion for my blade!

I tend to only leave water on top of Tabac if I haven't used it in a while. After two days in a row with it, I just lather with a dry puck. It doesn't seem to need the water after that. But no matter how you use it it's one of, possibly the, best out there!
I also go around in circles with the brush to load. Throw in the occasional pump or two, just for fun.

I agree. I don't think you need to soak the Tabac. Just rinse it quickly with hot water from the tap before you start swirling. At least that works for me.

Enjoy! Tabac SS is one of the things that makes the practice of wetshaving worthwhile!

:001_wub:

Any hard soap gets a solid dousing from my Hot Shot before I hit the shower. The lack of humidity here in Reno dries out everything quickly. If I forget to prep up some soap I fall back on Proraso or steam towel my face while it soaks.

Tabac will be my permanent go-to soap. It provides such great cushion for my blade!

I jumped on the Tabac-a-thon train back in November, and it was the backbone of my rotation for the next 5 months until I started with the Musgo Marathon on March 21.

I haven't been quite as faithful to Musgo Real as I was to Tabac, though ... I've been rotating in a lot of other stuff in the last 2 months. Jack Black Beard Lube, Cremo, T&H Luxury Soap, Clubman Luxury Cream, Ogallala Bay Rum shave stick. Not necessarily in that order.

Even though I still consider Tabac to be a cold-weather scent, I've been going back to using it more and more in the last 2 weeks. I haven't used the soap, but I have used the shave cream, ASL, EdT, and stick deodorant.

I wish I could find a summer-time scented line that works as well as Tabac does.

Top Bottom