What's new

Yaqi Bohemia

Me too :sad:

I was supposed to be on a GRUM like wait till I get a different razor I'm on a waiting list for. I'm not very good at the restraint part.

Got mine in today.

full

full

full

Tell us how it is!
First shave with it tomorrow morning. To me it looks so much better in person then in pictures. It's a very retro look. Pairs up nicely with my #164 Goodwill. The stainless steel looks almost like gunmetal coloration.

The weight can be felt. I don't know exactly how heavy it is but it's not a light weight but it's also not the heaviest razor I've felt. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushing past 100g. The handle is a perfect length for me at what seems like about 3.5" and feels very grippy.

Just looks and feels really well made.

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Yaqi Bohemia w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Fine Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

9/10

Hefty hefty hefty. New Bohemia razor and to me looks fantastic and seems really well made. It seems pretty head heavy which if you like that this certainly is up your alley. The top cap isn't very bulky itself and just clamps right down on the blade with out bending it much at all. You can see that if you zoom in on the image above. There's a blade in there and it clamps down with barely any blade exposed and by eye looks very precise.

There's two sides to the head with numbers 1 on one side and 2 on the other. I used it with the 1 facing up and I assume that's the mild side. At least I hope so because that was super mild and wasn't very efficient. Very narrow window to get the angle right too.

The weight of the razor helped and applied more pressure then I normally would have. The up stroke was a little awkward with the weight fighting against me.

The shave itself was good. I actually had no issue at all getting up under my nose. I was able to get all the hairs even the little crevice that's hard to get too with a bulkier top cap. The head maybe bulky but the top cap where it matters is not.

It wasn't very efficient so I did have some extra work to hit many touch up areas. I did end up irritating my neck a bit doing so. This is where a balance of wanting a mild razor for a super sensitive neck and needing efficiency for the swirling vortexes of death of hair growth fight against each other. It's hard to find that balance.

I'm really looking forward to trying the other side of the baseplate tomorrow.

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Yaqi Bohemia w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Fine Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive
full

10/10

The grass really is greener on the other side. Flipped over the baseplate so the number 2 is facing up and made the Bohemia more efficient. It still felt pretty mild to me but definitely a lot less touch ups needed and a lot easier to maintain blade angel. I was still able to get up under the nose easily.

Overall, nice razor. Mild side is very very mild and not very efficient. The aggressive side is more efficient but still mild feeling to me. I'll stick to using the #2 side. Seems like quality work on the materials. Which does have some weight to it at 131g and head alone a whopping 56g. Not for someone that likes a light razor.

Thanks for your review!

I also have this razor.
I admit it was a RAD moment I had when I bought it, as it was like buying a book just for the cover.
So when I went to shave with it the first time, I was kind of expecting something aggressive, after all, an open comb and a high gap is a sign of bites, right?

How stupid of me!

I literally got a fool face when doing the "Fool's Pass"! How can such a brutal appearance have a touch of silk?
Comfortable, permissive and efficient. That's all I can say!

Despite imitating the french Bohin in the fantastic look, it is a totally different razor, I say this because it has construction material, geometry and size totally different.
View attachment 1610558
View attachment 1610559
Unfortunately due to the price and the infamy of chinese products it will be underrated , few will dare to discover how amazing it is!

Chinese are making some great products. Those who trash the Chinese I am sure drive cars, trucks, and motorcyles. Most have component made in China.

Those Vechicle’s would not run without the part made off shore.

Could someone please link the companies web - site for YAQI, I would like to see what they sell.

Thx.

Chinese are making some great products. Those who trash the Chinese I am sure drive cars, trucks, and motorcyles. Most have component made in China.

Those Vechicle’s would not run without the part made off shore.

Could someone please link the companies web - site for YAQI, I would like to see what they sell.

Thx.
Here is the official Yaqi factory store on Aliexpress.

This is the site that is probably the easiest to use and most used by buyers.

https://yaqibrush.aliexpress.com/store/1101254565

They have a factory seconds area where you can get good bargains too, especially on brushes.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Since I received this razor just over 2 months ago, I simply "abandoned" my other razors, including my brass TFC.
I'm loving this model so much that I'm almost committing on the madness of buying another one just to keep it.
I am aware that "what is good for many may not always be good for some".
Even so, I dare say that this razor owes absolutely nothing to the "lovelies of USA<>Europe axis manufacturers" or made by artisans (perhaps because of the fact that it comes in a cheap box, but I don't care about boxes and packaging).
It simply made me review what I was looking for in a razor!

Hello
Do you have a link to the seconds area?

Cheers
John
They seem to have moved the 'Defect' area into the main pages.

However the 'defect' products are clearly marked, as in their synthetic page shown here Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Synthetic-Hair-Brush/1101254565_512330390.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148362.7.64774431xwqZcK&origin=n&SortType=new_desc&g=y

I think the factory seconds or 'defect' items are in the main categories now.

I picked up a synthetic Ferrari 24mm 'defect' from them and I can't see the defect. Cost £7.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Received mine about a week ago. Have a out 5 head, face shaves using "2" facing up with a new feather blade.
Must say I'm impressed. Very smooth but efficient. It handles well despite it's size. Easy to get used to.
Rinsing is a breeze. Can't speak to shaving under nose because I have a goatee.
I need more time with different blades and soap to truly evaluate but for $55 delivered I'm very happy with it. It is a large razor which is fine for me but some may disagree.
One thing I noticed is that the material has a faint brownish color to it. I x-rayed it and it is 316 stainless. Interesting.
Hope someday I will find a Bohin razor that I can afford to compare it to.

Cheers
John
IMG_20230329_194647914.jpg
IMG_20230329_194710525_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230329_194817128.jpg

Top Bottom