2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Prisoner 36 still in.

Razorock GC OC/Shark Super Chrome
Custom 30mm Silvertip brush
Clubman VIBR aftershave
Stirling Bay Rum soap

20230326_093051.jpg

20230326_103002.jpg

Thank you everyone for wishing me a happy birthday! I got sick on Friday and was laid up all day yesterday, but I woke up well this morning.

I busted out some of my Black Friday purchases for my birthday shave and to finally hack off the winter beard. First time using a shave stick and the lather was amazing! The German 37 was very easy to use. Feeling smooth and smelling great. Have a lovely day, and great shaves everybody!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1627413
Thank you everyone for wishing me a happy birthday! I got sick on Friday and was laid up all day yesterday, but I woke up well this morning.

I busted out some of my Black Friday purchases for my birthday shave and to finally hack off the winter beard. First time using a shave stick and the lather was amazing! The German 37 was very easy to use. Feeling smooth and smelling great. Have a lovely day, and great shaves everybody!
Happy Birthday, sir!

Still in

Today I broke out a local soap makers "shave soap" that I had purchased quite some time ago. Couldn't get a decent lather. Two wtg passes with my Timeless .68, wasn't going to fight it. Binned the soap, lived to shave another day.

Be seeing you.
Sadly, I think we've all been there. I do like to support local small businesses, but their attempts at shave soaps are usually not good.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I must admit, I am out as of today. Just bought another razor. I did sell one of my own last week, but still, it is a shave purchase. So, with pain in my heart, I say farewell ;-) I will continue though using my products I already have, nothing changes there. So will sign up for some montly grumes probably

Thanks and good luck to all!

no #55 signing off

I may have missed a previous post but what did you pick up?

I am not going to post anymore 8n this topic, because I have violated the rules. So, yes, was already out. Perhaps will try again next year, or do some of the monthly ones.
Hi,

Well, that's OK then. Or, you could buy this and that and then post pics to try and entice others to join you.

We had a year, The Year of The Jedi, where that was the way it was played. Those who went Out had turned to the Dark Side and posted and posted and posted. And even offered up cookies. It was a load of fun.

Of course, those who made it to the end still In were the ones who were Jedi. :)

Stan

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shave
:happybday: @Crisp Rat!

PXL_20230324_022145377b.jpg

Timeless Ti .68 with Q Shave (made in USA) blade, Semogue 830 and SV 70th

Hey Guys
It's time to catch up and get back with the program. Kathy and I have spent a few
days in Branson, MO. We had a great time with friends but our schedule was so busy
I didn't make time to do any posting. I used this combo from last Thursday thru Sunday.
They were all great shaves. But alas, as the saying goes, it's good to be back home again.
I'll post later today with a new Muhle/MdC post.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shave
:happybday: @Crisp Rat!

PXL_20230324_022145377b.jpg

Timeless Ti .68 with Q Shave (made in USA) blade, Semogue 830 and SV 70th

Hey Guys
It's time to catch up and get back with the program. Kathy and I have spent a few
days in Branson, MO. We had a great time with friends but our schedule was so busy
I didn't make time to do any posting. I used this combo from last Thursday thru Sunday.
They were all great shaves. But alas, as the saying goes, it's good to be back home again.
I'll post later today with a new Muhle/MdC post.

Please take care of yourself and each other.
Thank you!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am not going to post anymore 8n this topic, because I have violated the rules. So, yes, was already out. Perhaps will try again next year, or do some of the monthly ones.
Dogfight Chase.gif

Yep. Not the first time and not surprised. Bar soaps it is frome here on out. If that's the worst thing that happens all day I'm in good shape.
are you out of shave soaps? If so I am happy to pif you some. let me know.
Hi,

Well, that's OK then. Or, you could buy this and that and then post pics to try and entice others to join you.

We had a year, The Year of The Jedi, where that was the way it was played. Those who went Out had turned to the Dark Side and posted and posted and posted. And even offered up cookies. It was a load of fun.

Of course, those who made it to the end still In were the ones who were Jedi. :)

Stan
I am taco bell jedi.

Running On Empty.gif

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am finally getting settled with my electric razor. It was certainly an adjustment, but after a couple of weeks I admit it is kind of fun.

I wound up purchasing the below. I am going to try to stretch it as much as I can. Not listed is some 5-in-one spray I had already. If that runs out, I may have to get another. Other than that I am set.

The only open question now is what, if anything, to use as my exception. A whole world of good-smelling aftershave splashes is opened up to me, now that I no longer have to care much about skin conditioning. I really have no clue where to start.

1.png

2.png
3.png

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Last edited:
Top Bottom