What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday March 25 - SOTD

Wednesday...
Today finally the last snow was gone and I had a nice shave too..:)
... and today:

IMG-DSC_5115 (2).JPG

The shave was nice though:001_smile

SOTD 25-Mar
20230324_143758.jpg

Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: Speakeasy
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Wonderful shave this morning after a brief refresh last night. Seemed to do the trick and bring it back, though I did get a bit of feedback from the AS, clearly out of practice.

Nice finish and ready for the weekend to kick off.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Sorry no Canadian again, but as most of today's gear is from the UK and Canada is part of the Commonwealth, I think it counts. BBS in 3, damn the streamline is just brilliant.

IMG_20230325_115122_1.jpg

And the AS is superb too. I can't describe the scent just that it complements the Culmak really well. It's a flowery but really delicate scent and great on the freshly shaved skin.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B LE 2012
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Going to the next razor in my rotation: a Mergress XL. I loaded the Mergress with a fresh Personna Medical Prep blade. As usual, the combo worked. Today is the 54th shave with MdC. Another perfect shave. Have a good day and weekend, folks.

Sat 25
Cream & Aftershave Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 3rd
My personal comfort shave cream...superb qualities! Smell so nice together with the matching splash!!
Razor at maximum settings paired with the blade gives an excellent 3-pass shave for a bbs finish...
20230325_210100.jpg

SOTD March 25th
GRUME-30/31er
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

Beautiful autumnal Saturday morning. Perfect to finish off a 3-day beard. In that sense, nothing better than get my tub of Saponificio Varesino and call the Fantastic Four: Merkur, Gillette, Semogue and Williams. What a team!
Aqua Velva Ice Blue paired surprisingly well with the aquatic aromas of the SV 70th Anniversary. Progress (5/4/3) was perfect with Nacet (2) and SOC Mistura my friends, it is an indescribable brush…

To accompany me on this journey towards Paradise, I invited my old friend Dexter.

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

1D16DEB7-2121-4C61-B30E-9BBB4F6472CC.jpeg
E777670D-761E-4C60-B34B-A2FFA5AD5E07.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, March 25th 2023, Day 4 of testing my Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 mm gap 316 SS.

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel, 1.5mm, 316L stainless steel with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SS Darwin looking handle.-Mfg 2022>, mild range, Well built with accurate machining and a nice polished finish. Today I used a Kai SS blade once again with excellent results(Kai has narrow tabs so you have to do a visual with this blade when installed.) The razor and blade was a good match and the results worked well IMO.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide, sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Green- nice fresh scent with excellent lather qualities, Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations of S.A to make their line of soaps and aftershave.
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, very nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Green AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Sentinel 316 SS with a Kai Extra wide blade.
SOTD March 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom