What's new

New Here, wanted to say hey to everyone!

Hello everyone, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Quinn and I am feom Northern California. I have been slowly getting into wet shaving since 2022 and have been a long time lurker.

After six months of trial and error, I now have a Gamechanger (both heads), nice Simpson brush, and have gone crazy on soaps but my preference is Lisa’s naturals and Grooming Dept. I have much more to learn. My latest endeavor is to find a a good British flat bottom tech.

Thanks for letting me be part of this amazing community!

Hello everyone, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Quinn and I am feom Northern California. I have been slowly getting into wet shaving since 2022 and have been a long time lurker.

After six months of trial and error, I now have a Gamechanger (both heads), nice Simpson brush, and have gone crazy on soaps but my preference is Lisa’s naturals and Grooming Dept. I have much more to learn. My latest endeavor is to find a a good British flat bottom tech.

Welcome to Badger & Blade @GrizzlyCA

It sounds like you have some nice gear. An English FBT is a superb Tech variant, hope you experience one soon.

Have fun!

Hello and welcome.
I haven't tried your soap but I have heard many good things. How do you like them?
Have you settled on any aftershaves yet?

Hello and welcome.
I haven't tried your soap but I have heard many good things. How do you like them?
Have you settled on any aftershaves yet?
Hi Mio, I have not yet. I have porasso green, wholly kow Timmerman, and a razorroc one. I just got Lisa’s and will give it a try. I do enjoy the zing of an alcohol one. I am open to any recommendations!

Welcome to Badger & Blade @GrizzlyCA

It sounds like you have some nice gear. An English FBT is a superb Tech variant, hope you experience one soon.

Have fun!
Thank you. Any suggestions on how to pick a good British FBT? I have a few on the bay and Etsy I am looking at. I have some homework on identifying with the serial numbers. Still confused… lol

Thank you. Any suggestions on how to pick a good British FBT? I have a few on the bay and Etsy I am looking at. I have some homework on identifying with the serial numbers. Still confused… lol
I've never 'met' a bad one! They all seem to be great examples, out in the wild. You shouldn't go wrong with any FBT.

Gillette London did not use serial numbers/date codes. Most of them are in the 1940-49 production range. I have seen a 1940 British FBT for the Argentine market on Mr Razor's site. The vast majority on the market today seem to be post war.

Quite a short-lived type really.

Welcome to B&B. I've learned heaps here since joining just a few months ago.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area - crazy high winds we had the other day!

I've never 'met' a bad one! They all seem to be great examples, out in the wild. You shouldn't go wrong with any FBT.

Gillette London did not use serial numbers/date codes. Most of them are in the 1940-49 production range. I have seen a 1940 British FBT for the Argentine market on Mr Razor's site. The vast majority on the market today seem to be post war.

Quite a short-lived type really.
Thank you Alum. I may start a post and put photos of a few I am looking at. And forgive me on saying serial numbers. I meant the year and quarter identification letter/number. I am looking at the 1977 model that came on the white atlas box.

Welcome to B&B. I've learned heaps here since joining just a few months ago.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area - crazy high winds we had the other day!
Thank you. I love the Bay Area. I am in the Roseville area now. The wind and rain is crazy. We will have snow up the hill all summer I think! Lol

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to B&B. I hope you find a great England Flat Bottom Tech soon. After 10 posts, you can begin to PM other members. There are many resident experts on the Flat Bottom Techs but @Cal would be one who you could PM and ask for advice. In addition, you could sort of familiarize yourself about them on his journal:

You could start around here, @ page 120... go forward and back from there as you deem appropriate.

Top Bottom