What's new

Challenge PIF - Is Your Best Good Enough?!? - Closed!

WOW! This one filled up quickly. Good thing I bought a tuck of those babies back in '21. I'll be following along and watching closely. For the record, my best would be the Accutec Personna Med Prep.
Even if you didn't make it into the PIF Phase, since you have some, you're welcome to join in the Challenge Phase.

It did fill up fast!! These Wizamet Polsilver blades get talked about quite a bit (in excellent terms), coupled with it being several months since we've done a Challenge/Participation PIF, the response has been Amazing!!

Even if you didn't make it into the PIF Phase, since you have some, you're welcome to join in the Challenge Phase.

It did fill up fast!! These Wizamet Polsilver blades get talked about quite a bit (in excellent terms), coupled with it being several months since we've done a Challenge/Participation PIF, the response has been Amazing!!

I never intended to go for the PIF Phase. If you look at Post #62 of your "Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless" thread back on July 8 2021, you'll see that I had just ordered a tuck of the blade you're mailing out now. I've still got a couple of them left. So I sat out the PIF phase to allow others a chance.

The Participation Phase is another story. I expect to post some comparison comments there.

Last edited:
1980s from what I can gather, maybe up to early 90s. Hopefully Ivan will provide some context if he finds this thread, not sure he knows exactly either.
I've seen older posts on another forum placing these in the earlier half of the 80's (so nearly 40 years old). The blades and tucks are amazingly well preserved with the cellophane wrap intact and not brittle.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Does anyone know what year these blades are from? Would love some more information on them.

I've seen older posts on another forum placing these in the earlier half of the 80's (so nearly 40 years old). The blades and tucks are amazingly well preserved with the cellophane wrap intact and not brittle.
My research puts these “Polsilver Stainless” gold tuck blades into the early to mid 80’s. These were changed over to the brown tuck Polsilver Stainless in the very late 80’s until Gillette bought out the Łódź Wizamet factory in 92. I have been told the Wizamets I pictured above in the white plastic tuck, with the blurple and silver label is pre-1982. None of this can be verified by me. The information on the timeline and history of Polish blades is very scarce unfortunately.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have also read a forum post from a Polish person that indicated that the Polsilver Stainless was the standard and most popular version in Poland back in those days. The ones marked Iridium were the middle grade. And the Super Iridium, or Iridium Super Wizamet and Polsilver blades were the top of the line. It stated that there were times where all three tiers were offered simultaneously. It was also stated that before the mid 80’s, all of these blades were predominantly marketed to the communist block countries.

It's Happening!!

Wizamet Blades are being mailed out tomorrow on my way into to work!! Blades have been packaged up, put into the envelopes, stamps affixed, and they will be in the post box tomorrow!! So be watching your mailboxes!! Please let me know when you receive your envelope!!

WizPolsilver_Mailing.jpg

Now, Challengers, it's time to seriously consider which of your blades you will pit against these vintage Wizamet Polsilver Blades!! @timetofly, @fast shaver, @Big_T, @emwolf, @EclipseRedRing, @ewk, @APBinNCA, @MountainBear, @Gillette Abdi, @AndyPanda, @spacemonkey42, @Mike M, @slimshavy, @Seelector, @jesseix, @Chard52142, @T Bone, @lasta, @cwright, @Tathlum, @Yuritau, @Golden Green, @HighSpeedSpoon, @hugosf, @bartje-p, @tube_guy, @Juanmosey, @mikhou, @Calyshaver, @AnimalCatcher, @Weean, @bonbon, @ffourteen, @Chad3, @Kent Kimmons, @Ckmaui, @FarmerTan, @Tanuki, @BigJ make your choices!!

Another Huge Thank You to @Space_Cadet for providing these blades!!

I guess I am going with the Gillette 7 O'CLOCK SUPER PLATINUM, AKA Black Ninjas. Mostly because I need to order some if I am going to keep using them and I am due to re-evaluate whether they are worth the cost since trying other blades of similar sharpness. I have some guesses how this is going to go, but I am certain they are going to feel different!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
That's a good point, where is this Polsilver in the sharpness spectrum so I know whether to put this up against my favorite sharp blades or medium blades?
That is a matter of opinion, and how sensitive you are to sharp blades.

Some would consider this one sharp. I don’t think it’s Feather sharp. But I think this blade is “sharp enough”. But the smoothness factor makes up for any lack of high end sharpness for me.

My research puts these “Polsilver Stainless” gold tuck blades into the early to mid 80’s. These were changed over to the brown tuck Polsilver Stainless in the very late 80’s until Gillette bought out the Łódź Wizamet factory in 92. I have been told the Wizamets I pictured above in the white plastic tuck, with the blurple and silver label is pre-1982. None of this can be verified by me. The information on the timeline and history of Polish blades is very scarce unfortunately.

I also believe the gold is older than the brown. I haven't seen the blurple one before but to me it seems out of place for the design and the time period.

I did look at my gold Polsilvers and I guess I never noticed that there are different gold tucks that I have.

Top Bottom