What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in - no shave today

I will receive a gift certificate in April which I fully intend to use so I can’t participate next month. My personal goal for April will be to keep it at that single order and not start shopping around.
This is a ruse, it's start with a gift certificate, next thing you know you type your card number as you could not hold it and kept adding to the basket ... run run my friend don't let them trick you ... be strong

RazorBladeBrush
Matador
Deluxe
Gillette 365 (1)
Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (BBS-)
9/10 (buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in. Still pondering about those lovely Karve BST offers. We have a great community here with multiple brothers reaching out to offer help with either trying or buying.

Meanwhile great shave with a great razor.

Find out about the details to this shave here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230321_223323315.jpeg

1954 Gillette Super Speed flair tip loaded with Kai SS (1), D.R. Harris Natural and Omega EVO 2.0

Saturdays thru Tuesdays are committed to special event days. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I choose my own selection. I started with a fresh Kai blade which I haven't used recently. I have become attached to the Harris Naturals soap and the Super Speed is as old as I am.

I get it about using new blades. It is so enjoyable and easier to shave with a blade in it's prime. But there is also the flip side of the story. An older blade challenges our technique and skills to get similar results. Then there is moderation. I got 21 shaves with my last blade. I still have it and can use it more if I really want to.

Today's shave was enjoyable. It was easy to get near BBS results. With all the old and new products on the market, we are in the midst of shaving nirvana...and restraintful decisions.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Still in, 1 day of growth

March GRUME and all over Acronyms I signed up for this month : 13
2023 GRUYERE : 46

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Palmolive classic
Brush : Semogue 1305
Aftershave: OSMA Alum Block , Gillette Series Conditioning After Shave Gel

A small nick on the upper lip, a bit of irritation, the artificial smooth skin effect of this AS balm is still annoying.

SOTD March 22nd
GRUME-30/31er

Hello friends,

Summer came late this year around here, a hot morning in the beggining of autumn… I decided on a cologne scent for my shave today. I remembered Gioachino Rossini and his masterful Il barbiere di Siviglia and picked up the tub of B&M Seville and the bottle of Agua de Colonia by Ach Brito. What a perfect match! Semogue SOC Finest, Rockwell 6C (R5), Gillette Nacet (1) and Thayers made my morning perfect.

To accompany this magical moment, I invited Mr. Benny Golson…

Have a nice day and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

7EA540BF-5FE3-46AA-B3E1-643B2AA063BE.jpeg
FFC5678B-3B28-47D7-969E-1882D0DF89BF.jpeg

Top Bottom