What's new

Kombucha and Topo Chico

My wife makes her own Kombucha at home and purchases the bottles online with the lid that has the clear plastic stopper thingy on it so she can finish it’s fermentation in the bottles. I prefer her kombucha over store brands because she flavors them with sugar free fruit juices like grape, strawberry/kiwi and many others, the sky’s the limit. I like that she also adds Chia Seeds to her kombucha bottles. Her kombucha’s have a good bite, twang and protein and fiber from the seeds

She also makes a strawberry/banana Kefir in those same bottles that is to die for. Best guilt free drinkable desert I’ve ever had.
Yeah :)
when I made/drank it I would bottle and let it go another few days also makes a huge difference in the end product like you said !
amazing compared to the store stuff also :)
I only did ginger and pineapple :) as that was my fav

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah :)
when I made/drank it I would bottle and let it go another few days also makes a huge difference in the end product like you said !
amazing compared to the store stuff also :)
I only did ginger and pineapple :) as that was my fav

I love popping the top on a fresh batch of Kombucha that is ready to go and here that loud pop and fizzy sound SS the pressure from the fermentation is released. :)

GT is a super active kombucha. If you buy the unflavored kind, you can just let it sit and it will form its own scoby and you can brew up a batch of sweet tea and the dump in the GT with the scoby and you’re rolling.

I went the route of buying a dried scoby and trying to coax it back to life through several batches, adding vinegar and the whole deal. Total waste of time when you can just buy a couple bottles that look like something’s starting in them already and go right from there.

I love popping the top on a fresh batch of Kombucha that is ready to go and here that loud pop and fizzy sound SS the pressure from the fermentation is released. :)

what was funny is when I first got into it the learning how long can it sit after bottled to effect that fizzy pop ya metnion to me is almost like our shaving trying things to learn and perfect and find out just how good things can get !

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
GT is a super active kombucha. If you buy the unflavored kind, you can just let it sit and it will form its own scoby and you can brew up a batch of sweet tea and the dump in the GT with the scoby and you’re rolling.

I went the route of buying a dried scoby and trying to coax it back to life through several batches, adding vinegar and the whole deal. Total waste of time when you can just buy a couple bottles that look like something’s starting in them already and go right from there.

Absolutely correct! My wife used to get her scoby’s thru the mail when she first started years ago. Now, she would just get the unflavored GT and grow the scone herself. Other than kombucha and milk kefir, she also makes the Japanese version of kombucha called ‘Jun’.

The Jun scoby is only fed with honey and is brewed and fermented with green tea. No other flavors are necessary, because the green tea and honey is absolutely wonderful!

I think she wants to try her hand at water kefir at some point, but keeping kombucha, Jun and milk kefir going, cleaning the jars and the other utensils she uses in a special way, because using soap even if rinsed well could kill or make the scoby sick. So it’s almost a full time job with all the work and preparation.

I’m pretty happy when she just keeps one of the three going, but on the rare occasions in the year, I can open up the fridge and choose whichever of the three I want.

It’s pretty awesome. :)

Top Bottom