What's new

Alternative to Santa Maria Novella

I use SMN daily and find it top notch in every way. There are days when I could live without the menthol. Looking for a luxury cream or soft soap that can match SMN in performance sans menthol.
Thanks

RazoRock makes Santa Maria del Fiore (SMdF), which is their version of Santa Maria Novella (SMN), and it's really good. SMdF has more of the tobacco scent up front and the menthol is in the distant background, whereas SMN seems to put the emphasis on the menthol. I hardly notice the menthol in SMdF.

They are different enough that I have both and the similarities to me are not real obvious, but more in the background. Both are in my top 5 favorite soaps/creams (SMN is my #1 favorite).

RazoRock makes Santa Maria del Fiore (SMdF), which is their version of Santa Maria Novella (SMN), and it's really good. SMdF has more of the tobacco scent up front and the menthol is in the distant background, whereas SMN seems to put the emphasis on the menthol. I hardly notice the menthol in SMdF.

They are different enough that I have both and the similarities to me are not real obvious, but more in the background. Both are in my top 5 favorite soaps/creams (SMN is my #1 favorite).
Thanks
What are the other 3?

Thanks
What are the other 3?

The other 3 are nothing at all like SMN in terms of scent and they're all hard soaps, but here they are...

Art of Shaving, Sandalwood, Tallow
Canada Shaving Soap
Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti - Beta 4.0 (the current Beta 4.3 is good too, but I like old 4.0 more)

Never tried SMN but as mentioned above SMdF from RazoRock is very nice performing soap. Just a hint of menthol with a very nice scent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I am happy with SMN. I am not looking for a replacement. I am looking for a compliment of equivalent quality with no menthol.
Thanks

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I use SMN too and SV, as far as performance is an excellent compliment to it! Two of the best shave products available IMHO (but SV is a hard soap).

I love SMN, it's has what I consider to be the best post-shave feel. My face just feels awesome after I shave with it. That said, I ordered SV's Manna di Sicilia shave soap to see what all the fuss is about.

I use SMN daily and find it top notch in every way. There are days when I could live without the menthol. Looking for a luxury cream or soft soap that can match SMN in performance sans menthol.
Thanks

you might consider AdP cream, excellent performance.
cologne scent, not menthol.

acqua di parma colonia omega friedellko wednesday january 4 2023.jpg

Top Bottom