What's new

My New GreenCult 2.0

How are they better for you than your RR Lupo? Which RR Lupo are you comparing out of the 6 options I see?
Shave quality and blade feel. The blade on the GC just feels like a smoother shave. It has more bend on the blade, so I'm not sure it it's that or the more domed cap that makes it feel smoother. The GC with either plate 3 or 4 lasts 12+ hours. It's a different feel than the lupo, a slight notch up in efficiency for me. The GC v2 is better at picking up the stray odd growth pattern spots for me. I would like to try the level 2 plate sometime, but I'm in no hurry due to a lot of reasons including the shipping costs.

I'm comparing the GC v2 to the 95 SB and OC. I have the higher plates on the GC it's only fair to compare them to the lupo equivalents.

Interesting, do you find it on the same level as razors such as the Helix Apollo and the Blutt 1.20? My only concern with the GC is that I won't be easy to sell it in case I don't like it and I basically will have to sell it for 20-30% of it's value.

Lol some countries outside Europe get free shipping while those within have to pay between 10-13 euro.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Interesting, do you find it on the same level as razors such as the Helix Apollo and the Blutt 1.20? My only concern with the GC is that I won't be easy to sell it in case I don't like it and I basically will have to sell it for 20-30% of it's value.

Lol some countries outside Europe get free shipping while those within have to pay between 10-13 euro.
It's funny... not humorous... odd, perhaps.... for my face, the Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 plate shaves the same as my Blutt BR-1 1.20. The thing I find odd is the 1.20 it the most efficient Blutt base plate while Green Cult offers two more efficient plates "above" the Level 2. I find the Blutt BR-1 .86 and the Green Cult 2.0 Level 1 plate to be very similar.

I hope that sort of puts things in perspective for you.... though as you know, we are all so different, these comparisons are not set in stone. We can only share our own experiences. For point of reference, I use the Timeless Ti Crown handle on both these razor heads, so that can also affect how I experience them. Both the Blutt BR-1 and Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 have earned their way into my top 5 razors. I won't be parting with either of them. They both provide me enjoyable, comfortable, relaxing, smooth but close shaves that last 12 hours for me.

It's funny... not humorous... odd, perhaps.... for my face, the Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 plate shaves the same as my Blutt BR-1 1.20. The thing I find odd is the 1.20 it the most efficient Blutt base plate while Green Cult offers two more efficient plates "above" the Level 2. I find the Blutt BR-1 .86 and the Green Cult 2.0 Level 1 plate to be very similar.

I hope that sort of puts things in perspective for you.... though as you know, we are all so different, these comparisons are not set in stone. We can only share our own experiences. For point of reference, I use the Timeless Ti Crown handle on both these razor heads, so that can also affect how I experience them. Both the Blutt BR-1 and Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 have earned their way into my top 5 razors. I won't be parting with either of them. They both provide me enjoyable, comfortable, relaxing, smooth but close shaves that last 12 hours for me.

Do you have others plates for the GC like plate 3 and 4? I'm thinking about going directly for the plate 4, but I'm not sure what to expect. I'm getting a Blutt 1.20 without a doubt, but I'm still not sure about the GC.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have used the Green Cult 2.0 with the Level 1,2 and 3 plates. The Level 3 plate didn't work well for me. It wasn't smooth or comfortable and as I said, I'm getting great shaves with the Level 2 plate. I passed along the Level 1 plate the other day because I find the Blutt BR-1 .86 to be so similar to the GC Level 1 plate, I didn't need both. I only use the .86 Blutt for a day when I'm doing one of those "I shaved last night but we are headed out this morning and I need to look close shaven for the rest of the day" shaves.

@LRod found the Level 4 plate worked well for him.... Unlike me, Larry didn't find the Level 3 plate much different for him than the Level 2 plate but he didn't care for the Level 3 plate either..... He quite enjoyed the Level 4 plate. Green Cult Steel Razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/green-cult-steel-razor.619798/page-33 Post #643. Earlier on in that thread, Larry / @LRod shares more of his experiences with the Green Cult 2.0 and the other models as well. Larry is the reason I bought the Green Cult in the first place. He loves it.. and as a result, so do I.

On the other hand, @huck1680 loves the Level 3 plate.

So, the GC 2.0 Level 2 and the Blutt BR-1 1.20 shave the same for me. I've posted this many places before for I'll repost it here for point of reference.

All these razors are stellar for me. They all fit into that "mild but efficient" category for my face and whiskers. I get 12 hour shaves with each of them.

1. Blutt BR-1 1.20 w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington)
2. Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @LRod )
3. Rocnel Elite (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington )
4. Lambda Athena (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington )
5. ATT X1 AC Slant w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @Old Hippie and @Chan Eil Whiskers )

As you can see, I use the Timeless Ti Crown handle on 3 out of the top 5 razor list. I first saw @never-stop-learning 's posts. I bought one and loved how it shaves off an ounce or so from the OEM handles. It makes the razors balanced more toward the head than the handle and makes them more maneuverable.

I have a Wolfman Bronze WR2 .95 razor currently in production (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington ).. I hope it gets added to the above list. I do use the ESC Claymore Evolution AC razor (recommended to me by Brian Mulreany, the former owner of ESC, when I first started out in February of 2022) around my nose for every shave. It gets some pesky whiskers out of the way more efficiently than any of my other razors. That said, it is a half a step less efficient than my top 5 razors listed above.

I am using the III plate and it's amazing. This is one of the MOST efficient razors I've ever tried. Lots of people praise the Level II plate and I won't disagree...I just wanted the plate which was minimally less aggressive than the 1.0 original razor.
I will never get rid of my Helix but I'd trade the Blutt 1.20 to keep the GC 2.0....seriously. Actually, I'm thinking of selling a few of my razors just because this damn razor is so good.

Last edited:
I have used the Green Cult 2.0 with the Level 1,2 and 3 plates. The Level 3 plate didn't work well for me. It wasn't smooth or comfortable and as I said, I'm getting great shaves with the Level 2 plate. I passed along the Level 1 plate the other day because I find the Blutt BR-1 .86 to be so similar to the GC Level 1 plate, I didn't need both. I only use the .86 Blutt for a day when I'm doing one of those "I shaved last night but we are headed out this morning and I need to look close shaven for the rest of the day" shaves.

@LRod found the Level 4 plate worked well for him.... Unlike me, Larry didn't find the Level 3 plate much different for him than the Level 2 plate but he didn't care for the Level 3 plate either..... He quite enjoyed the Level 4 plate. Green Cult Steel Razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/green-cult-steel-razor.619798/page-33 Post #643. Earlier on in that thread, Larry / @LRod shares more of his experiences with the Green Cult 2.0 and the other models as well. Larry is the reason I bought the Green Cult in the first place. He loves it.. and as a result, so do I.

On the other hand, @huck1680 loves the Level 3 plate.

So, the GC 2.0 Level 2 and the Blutt BR-1 1.20 shave the same for me. I've posted this many places before for I'll repost it here for point of reference.

All these razors are stellar for me. They all fit into that "mild but efficient" category for my face and whiskers. I get 12 hour shaves with each of them.

1. Blutt BR-1 1.20 w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington)
2. Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @LRod )
3. Rocnel Elite (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington )
4. Lambda Athena (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington )
5. ATT X1 AC Slant w/ Timeless Ti Crown handle (recommended to me by @Old Hippie and @Chan Eil Whiskers )

As you can see, I use the Timeless Ti Crown handle on 3 out of the top 5 razor list. I first saw @never-stop-learning 's posts. I bought one and loved how it shaves off an ounce or so from the OEM handles. It makes the razors balanced more toward the head than the handle and makes them more maneuverable.

I have a Wolfman Bronze WR2 .95 razor currently in production (recommended to me by @Mr. Shavington ).. I hope it gets added to the above list. I do use the ESC Claymore Evolution AC razor (recommended to me by Brian Mulreany, the former owner of ESC, when I first started out in February of 2022) around my nose for every shave. It gets some pesky whiskers out of the way more efficiently than any of my other razors. That said, it is a half a step less efficient than my top 5 razors listed above.
Has your Wolfman shipped yet? Must be any day now.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am using the III plate and it's amazing. This is one of the MOST efficient razors I've ever tried. Lots of people praise the Level II plate and I won't disagree...I just wanted the plate which was minimally less aggressive than the 1.0 original razor.
I will never get rid of my Helix but I'd trade the Blutt 1.20 to keep the GC 2.0....seriously
That's cool.. and is good information. For people looking for a more efficient razor, the Green Cult Level 3 or Level 4 would be an excellent choice. As I'd tried to communicate, the Blutt BR-1 even with the 1.20 base plate is not a highly efficient razor and may not suit people who require that. I enjoy my Blutt BR-1 1.20 and Green Cult 2.0 Level 2. Neither is high up on the efficiency scale for me. They are both mild, smooth but close.. again, for me. They could very well be too mild for some people's needs.

This is what makes B&B such a valuable resource. It really does help us from making purchasing mistakes. One of the things I dislike quite a bit is when someone follows my example and then is disappointed in a razor, brush, etc.. I try to be as specific as possible, even though I don't always have the right words to communicate something adequately. If I can help someone find a specific product that works well for them, it gives me a pleasant feeling. If I can help someone avoid making a mistake, that's also a great benefit to our B&B community.

That's why I value these discussions so highly. We can end up finding people who share our likes and needs. Along the way, we'll all end up with products that work well for us.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Has your Wolfman shipped yet? Must be any day now.
I'm waiting.. I wish I could say "I'm patiently waiting" but we both know me. I fought off the urge to send Tara an email to see where things stand. There is no need to try and rush James. Unless it ships out late, their time, today.... I'll can always hope for tomorrow. ;)

Edit: Are you settled in at your temporary residence yet?

I will never get rid of my Helix but I'd trade the Blutt 1.20 to keep the GC 2.0....seriously. Actually, I'm thinking of selling a few of my razors just because this damn razor is so good.

I have tons of stuff on my way to try, but I will keep that in mind and maybe at some point I will get one. I'm not sure if I should pick the level 3 or level 4 plate though. Buying both plates is also an option, but at that price range I can also buy others razors too, so it's a tough call.

I'm waiting.. I wish I could say "I'm patiently waiting" but we both know me. I fought off the urge to send Tara an email to see where things stand. There is no need to try and rush James. Unless it ships out late, their time, today.... I'll can always hope for tomorrow. ;)

Edit: Are you settled in at your temporary residence yet?
I figured. You would surely have posted the second you got the shipping email. Yeah, I noticed you’re not the most patient. Don’t worry, you’ll have it in your hands very soon.

We’re settled in well at the serviced apartment, thanks for asking. It’s nicer than I expected actually - and a good balcony with views of the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and The Shard. Just spent the last two days being driven around Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire viewing homes. Maybe found two or three good options but it’s got very expensive here for renting now.

Here’s a pic from our balcony, hoping the OP will forgive the digression.

FCDFD8FC-9823-4467-8DFD-901458C8EA3D.jpeg

I figured. You would surely have posted the second you got the shipping email. Yeah, I noticed you’re not the most patient. Don’t worry, you’ll have it in your hands very soon.

We’re settled in well at the serviced apartment, thanks for asking. It’s nicer than I expected actually - and a good balcony with views of the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and The Shard. Just spent the last two days being driven around Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire viewing homes. Maybe found two or three good options but it’s got very expensive here for renting now.

View attachment 1617461
Oh Lucky you. My wife and I both love London and have visited a number of times.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

View attachment 1617461
That is a nice skyline.... I'm glad you have arrived in the UK unscathed. I do hope something turns up for you and your wife soon. As you know, our oldest son and his wife are digital nomads. It has become increasingly more difficult to find a nice place to rent for reasonable rates. But eventually, something turns up.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Oh Lucky you. My wife and I both love London and have visited a number of times.
Sorry for derailing your thread. I am glad you are enjoying your Green Cult 2.0 Level 3. I still think it might be worst name for a razor "ever".... and most of us had to overcome the off-putting name before we'd take a chance and finding out for ourselves: it's a razor worth owning. ;)

Hello Everyone,

I’m considering plate 3 or 4, how would it compare to other razors. What would be the equivalent to Wolfman since I’m more familiar with those gaps. I like high gap razors like my Ti’s 1.35, 1.55 & 1.65. Also I enjoy using my Blackbird Ti and Carbon cx-Ti from time to time. I also have Both Lambdas and polished 1.20 Blutt. I’m thinking that the plate 3 would be sufficient.

Here’s the caveat, I did have the original Greencult bit found it too aggressive for my liking, otherwise efficiency was up there, at R41 level. What would you guys advise and would fit me best? I would like to keep the same efficiency or near efficiency of the original GC 1.0 but more comfortable blade feel.

Thanks in advance guys. Shave on!

Hello Everyone,

I’m considering plate 3 or 4, how would it compare to other razors. What would be the equivalent to Wolfman since I’m more familiar with those gaps. I like high gap razors like my Ti’s 1.35, 1.55 & 1.65. Also I enjoy using my Blackbird Ti and Carbon cx-Ti from time to time. I also have Both Lambdas and polished 1.20 Blutt. I’m thinking that the plate 3 would be sufficient.

Here’s the caveat, I did have the original Greencult bit found it too aggressive for my liking, otherwise efficiency was up there, at R41 level. What would you guys advise and would fit me best? I would like to keep the same efficiency or near efficiency of the original GC 1.0 but more comfortable blade feel.

My understanding is that the original GC v1 has .95 blade gap and 0.25 positive blade exposure while GC v2 plate 3 has a .85 gap with 0.15 exposure and plate 4 has a 1.05 gap and 0.20 blade exposure.

So basically they came to the conclusion that medium blade gap with huge blade exposure isn't the most optimal approach and decided to tweak the design a bit and make it more refined. I've also heard by others that the v1 have a ''slight'' blade chatter, which for me is never a good sign. Which version or blade combo is best is highly speculative, but so far I haven't heard of anyone recommending either the plate 4 or the v1 as an every day razor.

I was also told that despite the fact that the v1 is not in production for around a year now, it can still be found on some websites.

I will never get rid of my Helix
Ahh the Helix!
You're lucky to have one. I'm still waiting because of all the stuff going on over there. I don't think I'll ever get one.
It's been months since I received the email saying that they accepted my request for an order.
Hopefully one day they'll be out of that mess and things could normalize again.

Hello Everyone,

Get the 2.0 with the level II and start from there. It's probably the cheapest way to get one anyways.
Here is the cheapest place to buy it from:

The Level II is equivalent (Gap & blade exposure) to the head on the Green Cult 1.1 which was the second version. But it's a tad more efficient. The 1.1 is nice as well if you like long handles and can be had on that same website for like $50. I've got two of those in different colors and two 2.0's with level II, III & IV plates.
I started with the 2.0 linked above!
LRod

Top Bottom