What's new

Scored an SA-35!

Outside my lane. I have never owned a H-Power, just an admired from afar. I would trust new mags by FN and MecGar in any capacity. I would be inclined to trust anything Mil Surplus as well as those mags made in client/license companies i.e. ARgentina, Israel, South Africa etc. I am sure the is a BB like forum for the BHP which Has the low down on Mags and Mag sellers:

For your review. I am not vouching for these folks as I have never done business with them. My go to has always been the big three Midway/Brownells/CDNN.

how about 21 rounds

PS- I am told the the new HIGH POWER 17 and 17 + rounders are NOT comparable with the original Hi-Power/SA -35 and other recently released clones. FWIW

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Outside my lane. I have never owned a H-Power, just an admired from afar. I would trust new mags by FN and MecGar in any capacity. I would be inclined to trust anything Mil Surplus as well as those mags made in client/license companies i.e. ARgentina, Israel, South Africa etc. I am sure the is a BB like forum for the BHP which Has the low down on Mags and Mag sellers:

For your review. I am not vouching for these folks as I have never done business with them. My go to has always been the big three Midway/Brownells/CDNN.

how about 21 rounds

PS- I am told the the new HIGH POWER 17 and 17 + rounders are NOT comparable with the original Hi-Power/SA -35 and other recently released clones. FWIW
🤔 Now THAT I hadn't seen! Thanks. And I've dealt with Sarco for decades. Best ads ever in SN.

Well informed x3: the somewhat ugly new BHP can /only take those new 17-rounders.

🤔 Truthfully not finding 15 any kind of limiting factor so far...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Another 100 rounds takes it to 550. No malfs, lots of fun.
IMG_20230224_115839_HDR.jpg

🤔 Also got to handle the Hungarian FEG copy of BHP - hard to see sights, small safety, mag disconnect. $600? 🤔❤️ Sticking with SA-35.

AA

Nice gun Ad Astra! I’m glad all issues have been worked out by Springfield. I have 4 magazines bought awhile ago but still no sign of the gun at a reasonable price.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice gun Ad Astra! I’m glad all issues have been worked out by Springfield. I have 4 magazines bought awhile ago but still no sign of the gun at a reasonable price.

It really does run like a racehorse. And I "swept the shelves clean" of all my old 9mm ammo; many different brands and bullet weights/types were used.

Alas; my free month of range time is used up, but I did make it there 8 times, I think ... so at $20/trip, took the edge off the MSRP.

This SA-35 might break my Musashi Miyamoto rule of, "have no favorite weapon." Though I maintain firearms are tools, not weapons. This is a hole-puncher, for example. A baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire and nails sticking out; that's a weapon.

The search for the perfect wood grips continues. The grip-frame thing is eminently practical, yet lacks ... the classic lines, the history and the heritage that really sets John Browning's final masterpiece apart from the others. BHP is a beautiful gun.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It really does run like a racehorse. And I "swept the shelves clean" of all my old 9mm ammo; many different brands and bullet weights/types were used.

Alas; my free month of range time is used up, but I did make it there 8 times, I think ... so at $20/trip, took the edge off the MSRP.

This SA-35 might break my Musashi Miyamoto rule of, "have no favorite weapon." Though I maintain firearms are tools, not weapons. This is a hole-puncher, for example. A baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire and nails sticking out; that's a weapon.

The search for the perfect wood grips continues. The grip-frame thing is eminently practical, yet lacks ... the classic lines, the history and the heritage that really sets John Browning's final masterpiece apart from the others. BHP is a beautiful gun.

AA

It’s time to look for some faux aged ivory panels with some cool etched scrolling design, don’t you think?

Like a Patton vibe…? :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"

You rang?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

You rang?

I don’t know about the browning emblems? I was thinking the Ace of Spades?

And while I would do a set of nice pearl grips, I didn’t think white boys liked pearl grips or gold rims? :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"

And while I would do a set of nice pearl grips, I didn’t think white boys liked pearl grips and gold rims? :)
Well, you know what Patton said about pearl grips....

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It’s time to look for some faux aged ivory panels with some cool etched scrolling design, don’t you think?

Like a Patton vibe…? :)
I tried good faux ivory on the M23/P08, not sure about it ... someday will engrave with appropriate artwork.

Grips will make you crazy.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator

You rang?

OMG WHY DID YOU SEND THAT LINK!?

Stag! Yes! and only $450 ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator

And while I would do a set of nice pearl grips, I didn’t think white boys liked pearl grips or gold rims? :)
"White boy" makes me crack up, thanks!

And if I was, "there's no accounting for taste ..."

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, you know what Patton said about pearl grips....
In fact I do! His guns are worth a whole 'nother thread.

"Rommel, you magnificent b@stard, I read your book!" - Patton

Patton, I read yours! (War As I Knew It.) And Patton on Leadership, as well ...

Read it here:

edit:

Maybe! Maybe!

AA

Top Bottom