What's new

February 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Okay.

Putting your name on the waiting list puts you out of GRUYERE, but making the payment doesn't? I think that rule is a little odd. For GRUME, it's a matter of when you spend the money, so unfortunately, you're out, as you said.

If it was just a head shave, that's an "extreme haircut" and you're safe. If it was a full shave, you're out. Please let us know which.

Okay. See you in March!

The intent was there. I'm sorry that it wrecked your GRUME and you didn't get the blades.

I guess that means it time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - SOTMC, OBiF
2) @hopper_64 - OBiF
3) @Multum in parvo
4) @Doti B
5) @Guido75 - GRUYERE, OBiF, SWS
6) silverlifter - out (2/14: Fili 14)
7) @Balin - GRUYERE, SOTMC
8) @LJBraaten - GRUYERE, OBiF, FRUITY FEBRUARY
9) @iver
10) JAHE - GRUYERE, SWS, Fruity February
11) @wmadoty - GRUYERE, OBiF
12) Markdad2 - GRUYERE - out (2/6: SS Rocca)
13) @Chef455 - GRUYERE, OBiF
14) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
15) @DougK - GRUYERE
16) @ChriWilson - SOTMC, SWS, OBiF
17) @Roedeer
18) @SharpieB
19) @Jayson74 - SWS
20) @Trollky - GRUYERE
21) @tjsgarden - GRUYERE, OBIF, FRUITY FEBRUARY, 365 Shaves 2023, SWS
22) @StratMan
23) @La Malice - GRUYERE, SOTMC
24) @elmo_koffman - GRUYERE
25) @Jack Goossen
26) @bartje-p - GRUYERE
27) @sandorfi - GRUYERE, SOTMC
28) zoidberg - out (2/26: Blades, but not really)
29) @CJB3
30) @Contact_vs_Feedback
31) @Tillerman
32) @Dodger59
33) wldecker - out (2/19: Straight)
34) awk_m4 - 365 Shaves 2023, OBiF - out (2/25: ???)
35) @cantujm
36) @Beto Salatini - Fruity February
37) JKaboom - GRUYERE - out (Maybe?)
38) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
Not too bad this month

Still in

49D52FAD-7767-4CD3-80FF-1D42FF6EDF1D.jpeg

Shave #18
- Still In -

• *MdC Fougère - SOTM
  • Kent BLK8 Silvertip (28mm)
  • TI Sheffield 6/8
  • *Mühle R89
  • *Gillette Minora Platinum (17)- OBIF
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea 2 in 1 Splash
* SWS

On one hand, I'm sad that this SOTM has ended. Superb performance and after a month doesn't look like it's hardly been touched.
On the other hand, I stuck with this single Minora for OBiF, but man am I glad to have binned it after today. It was really starting to feel its edge.

IMG_0946.JPG

completed the Feb GRUME without any issue or incident.... or did i? I got this lovely brush yday as a gift for my bday, it was a total surprise. My wife organized this with the brush maker in total secrecy, so was quite surprised when I opened it up. Nice to have my wife supporting my shaving

question is did I fail the february GRUME, not sure on specific rules on gifts.. here she is :)

IMG-7645.PNG

IMG-7650.PNG

IMG-7620.jpg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
completed the Feb GRUME without any issue or incident.... or did i? I got this lovely brush yday as a gift for my bday, it was a total surprise. My wife organized this with the brush maker in total secrecy, so was quite surprised when I opened it up. Nice to have my wife supporting my shaving

question is did I fail the february GRUME, not sure on specific rules on gifts.. here she is :)

View attachment 1613702

View attachment 1613703

View attachment 1613704
Not hinted at or asked for? Sometimes the stars align and things are outside of our control. Still in I'd say. Happy birthday btw.

View attachment 1613702

View attachment 1613703

View attachment 1613704
That handle is incredibly!

View attachment 1613702

View attachment 1613703

View attachment 1613704
Happy Birthday!

2-28-23 Tues.

FEB GRUME still in.
Early start to FFFMM 2/31

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Treet platinum(2)
Soap: Mudder Focker (1)
Brush: RR Bruce
Pre: non
20230228_220135.jpg

3 passes all on setting 3 = DFS+. Setting 3 seemed about as smooth as #1, maybe slightly more efficient, didnt seem like much more blade feel. Had to pull out the alum for the bleeder I gave myself (adamsapple) so I followed up with the splash. The missus gave it a thumbs up! Found a small container to scoop some soap into (28.3g) hence the count on the soap. Another nice shave before work.

Be well
Jay

Top Bottom