What's new

Grooming Dept Kairos SE 2023 review

Has anyone tried the new Grooming Dept / Aion balm? I think it’s incredible. I used it 3 days in a row earlier this week and my skin feels great. Very impressed with the formulation.

Can't see a number on the scale, what you got?
It’s about 0.5 Oz less than any Kairos, Kairos SE or Mallard I ever purchased but in fairness I don’t know the exact weight of the containers.

The point is no 2 pours/cures look a like that I buy.

Attachments

• 7C55B1D3-3D4C-409A-97FB-EE8C288CB3F8.jpeg
    7C55B1D3-3D4C-409A-97FB-EE8C288CB3F8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new Grooming Dept / Aion balm? I think it’s incredible. I used it 3 days in a row earlier this week and my skin feels great. Very impressed with the formulation.
Yes, I'm of the same oppinion. I purchased mine from Anticatura, as I'm in the UK and currently none of his stockist here have any.
I also purchased 2 each of both the Lavender & Mumtaz SE, directly from Mo in the last drop. My favourite Artisan soap maker, by a country mile.

Yes, I'm of the same oppinion. I purchased mine from Anticatura, as I'm in the UK and currently none of his stockist here have any.
I also purchased 2 each of both the Lavender & Mumtaz SE, directly from Mo in the last drop. My favourite Artisan soap maker, by a country mile.
Mohammad shipped all of the website domestic orders first. Soon he will be shipping orders to stockists, including Slickboys-UK.

(I don’t need more soaps. I don’t need more soaps!! :facep::facep::facep:)
I don't either. I could ride off into the sunset with a bowl of Tabac and be perfectly happy every day. But the hobby side of things keeps you chasing and Grooming Dept enables that- the forever evolving soaps can get tiring for some and when you find something you absolutely love, you bought only one tub of it and know it's never coming back- also a turn off for many. I hear about more gents double fisting GD soap drops than any other artisan- the fear of loving a soap only for it to become a relic akin to the Ark of the covenant is very real with GD.

I hear about more gents double fisting GD soap drops than any other artisan- the fear of loving a soap only for it to become a relic akin to the Ark of the covenant is very real with GD.
The funny thing, not ha ha, about this is I am 90% certain Mo isn't trying to milk this. In fact, he is kind of a victim of his own success! I think he only moved location about a year ago and was having some pretty bad health issues at the time. Then about six months later, he had his larger batch equipment and cranked out that Kairos release and got a large shipment off to his retailers. Some of them still have this soap from about six months ago I think, I picked one up in the fall.

He has mentioned before that his fragrances take a long time to be ready and then he has curing issues still apparently. Though that appears to be solved with SE, we will see in six months. At least he doesn't release things that aren't ready because giving somebody lye burn would be a lot worse than other problem.

I missed out getting a second Cedarwood and it bothers me more than I would like to admit, maybe it will come back better than ever with the new vegan base.

In fact, he is kind of a victim of his own success!
I agree- his business is a one man show but the quality of his products are so good it gives the impression there are many hands behind the scenes. It's one man slinging soap and packing it all up to ship to people around the globe to enjoy. I'm thankful to have discovered this product and i'll keep supporting this business because it adds lots of joy to the mundane tasks of shaving and grooming.

The ingredients of these are identical to the 2022 version of Kairos SE. So it appears that M&M does not have the most recent (and modified) version of Kairos SE that the OP is raving about.
Well, Mo held off on shipping these to cure an extra week from what I was told. Check the scents from the 2022 SE, I don’t think we will find Luxor.

I had similar thoughts, email Bill if you want to check [email protected]?

A lot of times distributors don’t update all ingredients/specs on their description, etc. as it’s painful to do when adding a lot of products.

I remember this with the V2 Henson +++ AL13.

Top Bottom