What's new

If you had to choose one of each shaving item to use for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Razor:
This is a tough one to answer when it comes to razors. I've got a top 5 that I equally love. But since it's just one, I'll pick the one out of the 5 that's most versatile for any situation: Daily shave or multiple days growth, aggressive enough & incredibly smooth, quality etc..
Essentially a razor that checks every single box:
The Green Cult 2.0 with my preferred level II plate (0.65 blade gap, .01 blade exposure).
Yes it's that good!!

Shaving soap/cream:
Another tough one because I have a couple of favorites. All of them except for one (Arko) are made by TOBS.
It would have to be TOBS Cedarwood!
The performance and scent is what makes it so great.
Without a doubt it would be my forever shaving cream.

Blade:
Easy one to answer after trying nearly every blade on the market:
Personna Lab Blue!
The perfect blade for me!

After shave:
Easy as well, Proraso Red Sandalwood!
The feel, the scent and the price.
Love it!

Shaving brush:
I only like synthetic and get along very well with the Razorock Plissoft barber handle 24.
It's all I need in a brush!

Shaving bowl:
Captain's choice ceramic bowl.
My favorite!

That's my list and it's all I would need. Unfortunately RAD does exist and plays a role in not using the "forever"
list. But I will say something, after much buying and testing, I actually have achieved the above list which is a plus.
It shows that I own and use a group of things that can actually slow the RAD down and make me slow down and use something without constantly thinking that I need to buy and try something else.

LRod

I will split this in to two parts

work life 10 more years
Razor : Rockwell 6S
Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush : Whipped Dog 30 mm silvertip
Soap : Cella Red Kilo Block
Atershave : Witchhazel

Retired Life
Razor : Dovo Bismarck
Brush : Whipped Dog 30mm Silvertip
Soap : Tallow Tabac (I have stocks for a couple of decades now !)
Aftershave : Witchhazel

If motor skills slow down, switch to set # 1

Razor: Weber DLC
Blade: Feather
Brush: RV Shaving (design and fabrication),
Shavemac Flattop Knot
Cream: TOBS Sandlewood
Splash: Floid Vigoroso
Balm: Floid

Thankfully I'll not be limited to just these, a great deal of the daily shaving enjoyment is deciding what flavors today?!

Razor: Henson V2 AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Homebrew 3 parts Witch Hazel - 1 part Pinauld Clubman + 3 drops glycerin
Balm: 3P Pre/Post
Cologne: Mugler Cologne

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
What I use pretty much every morning, varying only for an occasional (rare) change of after shave:

Martin de Candre soap. Preferred scents are Vetyver and Fougere. A Kent BK4 badger. An Above the Tie Windsor with a mild copper plate. Personna Lab Blues. 4711.

I will split this in to two parts

work life 10 more years
Razor : Rockwell 6S
Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush : Whipped Dog 30 mm silvertip
Soap : Cella Red Kilo Block
Atershave : Witchhazel

Retired Life
Razor : Dovo Bismarck
Brush : Whipped Dog 30mm Silvertip
Soap : Tallow Tabac (I have stocks for a couple of decades now !)
Aftershave : Witchhazel

If motor skills slow down, switch to set # 1
That kilo of Cella might just last you ten years. 😄

Ok, I'll play, but only if I'm allowed a different razor to shave my head (even though I could use a DE razor). I could easily get by with:

Gillette Tech (face)
Razorock Hawk Eco (head)
Astra SP
MdC
Omega boar
Old Spice

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Gillette Trac II
Vintage Williams soap
Ever-Ready 300 restored with TGN synthetic knot
Vintage Old Spice after shave/cologne

I used up my last of vintage Williams years ago, but your post leaves me nostalgic of a classic shave in the 70’s when I first started shaving as a young man. While it was mostly canned Foamy or Barbasol in the morning before school, I would occasionally grab my father’s old white coffee mug with it’s puck of Williams and red & white colored Ever-Ready and go thru the motions as he did.

I never bought aftershave as a teenager, but always used his aftershaves that he kept in his bathroom window sill. I got my seasonal use of aftershaves from my Pops and I will never forget the only three he ever kept and used.

He never failed to use, Shulton Old Spice when it was cold, Aqua Velva when it was hot and Avon Wild Country when the temps were juuuuuust right. :).

I still have his bottles of aftershaves and never let them go empty.

AA5F27D3-9AB5-414C-B35B-41836D52679F.jpeg

Fun thread!

Here's mine:

Razor: Razorock Mentor
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: Omega synthetic
Soap: LASSC Black Void
Balm: Aveeno fragrance-free body lotion
Cologne: Proraso Azur Lime

Way too many razors to choose only 1! I have been using a Blackland Blackbird Lite for the last month and am very pleased with this shave, I have mainly been using my Above The Tie S1 slant for 7 years but I think the Blackbird is my new favorite!
So...

Razor: Blackbird Lite

Blade: Gillette Nacet (I have several thousand I bought around 2012/13, love this blade and wont need to buy more!)

Soap: Tabac, easy to use and I like the scent and the bowl, always near my sink!

Balm: Soap Commander unscented

Not quite a splash but: Sebum Gold after shave serum, yes this is expensive but a little goes a very long way and I don't need to buy any more blades! lol. Would probably not use in the summer months anyway but I live in Colorado and our winters are very cold and drying so the serum works well. I would use the balm during the warmer months.

Top Bottom