What's new

RAZOROCK GC 0.68-P

I have, and very much enjoy, the GC 68 SB plate. I appreciate the comparison to the 84 plate and will likely get one someday. But, can anyone comment on the 68 OC vs the 84 SB? I have the 68 OC and wondering how it compares to the 84 SB.

Thank you!

But, can anyone comment on the 68 OC vs the 84 SB? I have the 68 OC and wondering how it compares to the 84 SB.
I concur with @Roedeer that the 84 SB is a better shave all around than the 68 OC, and it is also very similar to my Karve C plate, which is quickly becoming my favorite razor. I am debating whether to sell the 68 OC head as it is the razor I least reach for when choosing one for the week.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My desert island choice... :001_wub:

20220224_092821.jpg

I've been swapping between the GC 68-P and my GC 84-P. This week it's the GC 68-P's turn and a fresh Astra SP.

I think I'm getting 'dialed-in' with my technique. I say that because during the a.m. 'ritual', my GC 68-P exceeded the GC 84-P in a CCS. Much to my surprise!

The two pesky 'Briar Patches' on each side of my Windpipe are always troublesome. This morning, I achieved near BBS shave. Including the 'Briar Patches'! It required a little extra 'XTG' buffing and I noticed a little 'tingle' when I applied the Alum block. Overall it was a very CCS.

b/r

ON_1

Last edited:
This week is the GC 68-P chance to shine. And 'Shine' is exactly what this razor has done.

Literally, it's a toss-up between the GC 68-P and the GC 84-P. I wouldn't want to live or die due to the difference.

Both of these razors perform wonderfully.

Today, I got another BBS shave with the GC 68-P. I was working out with my youngest daughter and her new baby and I confirmed 'BBS'. LOL!

I'm sure you folks will be happy that this will be the final entry. Smiles.

b/r

ON_1

Great thread started by the OP.
I received my Razorock Game Changer 68-P a little over a week ago.
At first the blade placement had me scratching my head a little but I quickly figured it out.

proxy.php

Along with my Rockwell 6C, it's my favorite razor. So well made, something that should last the rest of my days, and a smooth shaver that doesn't irritate my skin. It's just fantastic and an amazing value.

proxy.php

I absolutely love the well-named "Game Changer" because for the price, it definitely changed the game.

Last edited:
@Calyshaver ...Hmmm? They made my old ship into razor blades a long time ago. LOL!

If, I had to give one to 'the cause', sadly, it would probably be the GC 68-P and I'd keep the GC 84-P. But, it would be close.

Thankfully, I don't have to make that decision. I can switch-off every other week, to my hearts content. Smiles.

Both razors are equally comfortable and close shaving. As I've said before, the 'GC 84-P' is just a trifle bit more "Efficient".

If, I hadn't purchased the the two "Game Changers", I think I might have given the "Lupo .72 a whirl. As it is, I think the "Lupo" is kind of redundant.

I might (unlikely) try the "Lupo .95", but emotionally, the blade gap would make me very hesitant and apprehensive, giving me a terrible first couple of shave.

There it is.

b/r

ON_1

I've got both, plus the OC version of both. 68p doesn't get enough done for me, plus I can cut myself with all 4 because I can't see and I'm in a hurry. So, if I'm going to bleed, I may as well get more done.
I've moved on.
I think they are nice razors though.

@Hopalong ...well, okay then.

That's what makes shaving such an individual sport. Everybody's face and skin are different and every razor/blade/soap combination work differently.

I just got lucky the RR GC 68-P and the GC 84-P seem to work perfectly for me. Obviously, it didn't work for you.

As we like to say around here, JMHO, YMMV.

b/r

ON_1

Top Bottom