What's new

Above The Tie new Windsor caps versus classic H plate

I am in the same situation. My old cap is on the left. The old one reveals just 1mm of the blade past the top-cap. It has nearly no blade feel and I absolutely love that. I think this is the normal Windsor cap with the famous "Windsor feeling".

I did get more blade feel from the new one nothing uncomfortable or harsh, just a tad more than my preference. The blade reveal is approx. 1.5-1,6 mm so this model has a somewhat higher-end blade feel. I absolutely prefer my old cap.

Attachments

• caps2[6560].jpg
    caps2[6560].jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 30
I'll say this; ATT's customer service if nothing else is top notch, I returned everything hassle free and they were QUICK about refunding me without even coming close to having to raise a stink about it, but that being said this whole bit they've done with producing a version of their Windsors in China has me no longer trusting them I'm sorry to say because the old US made Windsors are AWESOME razors. I don't know why, assuming these truly are NOT Windsor Pros, they made the caps differently presumably at the same time as these newer baseplates came out

I exchanged a few emails with ATT and I got the next answers. They offered a refund if I mail it back. ATT has a great customer service but I think something is wrong with the new caps. I did not want to send it back but it seems I was not the only one who got a wrong cap.

Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2023 9:03
To:
Subject:

Thank you so much for the feedback. This is very helpful! I guess I'm going to have to start keeping a cap from each batch to compare the new batches too. We usually sell them until they are all gone, so that's why we didn't catch it. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2023 9:51
To:
Subject: Re: FW: New customer message on December 17, 2022 at 2:10 pm

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

I will be sending your photos to our manufacturer so they can see for themselves. If you notice any difference in the shaves (new cap vs old) will you let me know? It's important information, I don't want someone to have a bad shave because of the cap. This will help me explain it better. Thank you! Have a great day!

Thanks,

@Kerib That seems like a very good communication with ATT. Apparently the old and new caps are supposed to be the same specs.
So somewhere in China the Windsor caps came out to narrow?

@Kerib That seems like a very good communication with ATT. Apparently the old and new caps are supposed to be the same specs.
So somewhere in China the Windsor caps came out to narrow?
I like to pay for a great razor not for the great communication. ;) I do not know where the manufacturer is located but at least I am happy because I still have an original Windsor razor.

I like to pay for a great razor not for the great communication. ;) I do not know where the manufacturer is located but at least I am happy because I still have an original Windsor razor.
Yep I get that.
I suppose it doesn't matter who made the top caps, if they are wrong that stinks.

Just wondering, since the Windsor is made in USA and the Windsor Pro is made in China... how is the American manufacturer all of a sudden accidentally making their caps to the Chinese product specifications?

Top Bottom