What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

IMG_0578.JPG

So glad to see there’s also a tea thread!! Most of my tea is oolong from Song Tea in SF — highly recommend you give it a look! Drink Gong Fu and bowl often.

BUT - I have a question for the tea aficionados. Lately, I’ve been wanting to get back into a more afternoon style tea with a little sugar and cream. I know not purist, but it’s a nice treat. Does anyone have a black tea they recommend for this other than some mass-market English Breakfast from the grocery store?

Thanks!

So glad to see there’s also a tea thread!! Most of my tea is oolong from Song Tea in SF — highly recommend you give it a look! Drink Gong Fu and bowl often.

BUT - I have a question for the tea aficionados. Lately, I’ve been wanting to get back into a more afternoon style tea with a little sugar and cream. I know not purist, but it’s a nice treat. Does anyone have a black tea they recommend for this other than some mass-market English Breakfast from the grocery store?

Thanks!
Nothing wrong with cream and sugar in a nice tea. You can find a black tea perfect for this kind of cup at your local Indian
Screenshot 2023-02-09 105858.jpg
market , and you might want to add some "tea masala " spice or a simple pinch of cardamom for a real "chai" treat. TEA INDIA makes the # 1 selling CTC ( cut - tear - curl ) tea in India . It's a full bodied black tea that holds up to cream and spice. Cheap , less than $15 for a full 2 lbs , they also have smaller sizes .....

Lately I have been drinking mint tea. I used to prepare it in the Moroccan style, lately just alone with a touch of sugar.

Top Bottom