What's new

Talk me into a Paladin

Im looking at getting first higher end brush. Heard lots of good about Paladins but can't find info on knots they use. Im sure they're great but I like to know which synthetic knot they use. Also if you have any other brush recommendations around same price feel free to recommend them.

I think folks here would need more info on what you’re looking for. A premium synthetic knot? A bespoke, quality handle? What are you after?

Paladin has a knot notes section that may help, though I don’t see any notes for synths at first glance: Knot Notes - https://www.paladinshaving.com/pages/knot-notes
Hey, im glad you replied. I was actually looking at your site trying to find a handle but nothing called to me just let. Are you going to drop any different handles anytime soon.

You won’t find a better finish on any brush period. The satin finish they offer is out of this world , especially if you appreciate an ivory handle like myself , they are stunning to hold. Ken is a pure gent and a professional businessman when it comes to his brush work, no one works as hard as Ken from start to finish making sure everything is done right along the way. Ken was and still is one of us the whole time he had been and still is an active contributor with some of the best factual knowledge and researched posts I have ever come across.

You won’t find a better finish on any brush period. The satin finish they offer is out of this world , especially if you appreciate an ivory handle like myself , they are stunning to hold. Ken is a pure gent and a professional businessman when it comes to his brush work, no one works as hard as Ken from start to finish making sure everything is done right along the way. Ken was and still is one of us the whole time he had been and still is an active contributor with some of the best factual knowledge and researched posts I have ever come across.
Ivory-handled Chiefs (including Somerset) are scrumptious. I've not seen an in-stock 26mm version for quite a while, and haven't kept up with hair-batch progressions, but if I wanted to return to natural hair it would still be top of the list.

Ivory-handled Chiefs (including Somerset) are scrumptious. I've not seen an in-stock 26mm version for quite a while, and haven't kept up with hair-batch progressions, but if I wanted to return to natural hair it would still be top of the list.
Im actually seriously considering one of their brushes in Somerset they have a satin and standard finish that I having hard time deciding between. They have a synthetic knot option but can find any info on it. o their knot notes page I haven't found anything about it yet

By ivory handle so you mean the Somerset material. He has a satin and gloss white handle brush im looking at now

Hey, im glad you replied. I was actually looking at your site trying to find a handle but nothing called to me just let. Are you going to drop any different handles anytime soon.
Yes but I’m on vacation this weekend unfortunately and with the Mühle STF release I certainly won’t get a chance until next weekend earliest. There’s an archive of handles on my site in the meantime- if anything in particular catches your eye just PM me and I can see if it can be replicated.

Looks like their synthetics are out of stock. They had a beautiful Chief Satin Somerset with SYN-B3 knot that catches the eye.
I'm seeing a Samurai with Syn B3 still available. I'd snap the Samurai up if it had a badger knot.
I haven't experienced gel tips until I got a Paladin. They're different for sure although I'm not sure I'm that crazy about them. But the the craftsmanship and materials used for the handles are truly first class

Well, even though they're excellent brushes, they are a little bit expensive. And I'm sure you could get by with something that costs less. And...

Oh, wait a minute. You want to be talked into a Paladin? I misunderstood because usually it's the opposite problem. Usually people want to be talked out of buying a Paladin. Talked off the ledge, so to speak.

I have bought and owned three Paladins. Their handles are top notch the knots are just ok. For a cheaper price get a Trotter brush. His handles are top notch and both his T1 and Boti NC knots are top-tier. Trotters brush is on par dare I say with my Declaration Grooming and Varlet brushes. You can even use his order form on his site to make a custom brush. I also have been very impressed with my TanZ HMW brush.

A
6087F9A4-AD74-4A94-AD07-C7647B1DA551.jpeg
CD965321-409F-4E97-9337-E5CD901F227F.jpeg
0CDD8C5C-09A2-4370-AAC4-E5EF211AAE2A.jpeg
D4BF213F-F50A-43A0-B2F9-183A42BA0799.jpeg
994810DB-7941-473B-8E9C-F2B9BD815887.jpeg
2D38A045-1C6A-40EA-A344-2E2D360AC175.jpeg
661DB70E-F73C-4554-BD54-C7F9D026B5D0.jpeg
641FB163-F68D-471A-8E2B-C0902512C974.jpeg
picture is worth a thousand words…

Top Bottom