What's new

Supply SE trouble

Newbie to this forum and relatively new to „non-cartridge“ shaving.

Have a OneBlade Hybrid as my go-to (love it, hate the cost and life time of the blades) and tried the Supply SE as an alternative with cheaper blades.
Problems I am seeking advice on:

A) shave is not very close, even after a third pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) especially on the neck.
B) my neck is ON FIRE 🔥 even though I did not Nick myself (love the blade guard on the SE)

Use the top as my guide for the angle.

Best guess from my side is I may have damaged the blade as this was my first shot (almost literally 😃) at an injector.
If I sacrifice the first blade an inject another one - what is the collective advice from the Gurus here?

Thanks,
Derek

Newbie to this forum and relatively new to „non-cartridge“ shaving.

Have a OneBlade Hybrid as my go-to (love it, hate the cost and life time of the blades) and tried the Supply SE as an alternative with cheaper blades.
Problems I am seeking advice on:

A) shave is not very close, even after a third pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) especially on the neck.
B) my neck is ON FIRE 🔥 even though I did not Nick myself (love the blade guard on the SE)

Use the top as my guide for the angle.

Best guess from my side is I may have damaged the blade as this was my first shot (almost literally 😃) at an injector.
If I sacrifice the first blade an inject another one - what is the collective advice from the Gurus here?

Thanks,
Derek
Either the blade is bad, it does happen, or your angle is off. Third factor is make sure you are not using any pressure, let the weight of the razor do the work.

With the OneBlade you use some pressure to keep the floating head working and at the right angle.

If you think the blade is bad, ditch it. Watch the new bade going in to insure it doesn't scrape against the blade stop. You can always load the SE by removing the baseplate, but I've never had to do so. Once you learn the angle the razor needs it will shave you smoothly.

Which blades are you using? The supply blacks are awesome, the whites not so much. As @Quaznoid pointed out, the Schick yellow from china are also excellent. And yes, watch the pressure. Injectors I’m general require no pressure. Takes some getting used to.

The OneBlade blades are absolute trash, I returned my Genesis and never looked back. I get about 14 shaves per injector blade, way better than the 1.5 per OneBlade Feather blade.

My Supply SE has been great! I did have a bad blade once, I don't know if I damaged it on injection or it was bad from the factory, but it had a burr along the edge. Take your finger and run it from the top cap down towards the fins, if you feel a burr then that blade is bad and do not use it.

Make sure you are using a very shallow angle, ride the cap. You basically put the cap against your skin, then tilt it down just a couple degrees, then shave. Don't press! Just let it smoothly glide along your face. It is my smoothest razor. Because of the fins and the open lather path, it never clogs, so you can apply a thick coat of slick lather.

You got this! You'll soon be having a very smooth and enjoyable shave.

Welcome aboard Crazy. I, too, have always enjoyed a OneBlade shave. Shame about the longevity (lack of it) and price of the blades, as you say.

Some good advice from our fellow B&Bers about injectors. As always, different products affect each of us differently. Keep trying!

I cannot find an injector blade which works for me, try as I might. Schick injectors, Claymore, Supply. No razor or blade combination gives me anything other than skin irritation.

Perhaps you might try a GEM. You may get a pleasant surprise.

Cheers
Wal

The OneBlade blades are absolute trash, I returned my Genesis and never looked back. I get about 14 shaves per injector blade, way better than the 1.5 per OneBlade Feather blade.

My Supply SE has been great! I did have a bad blade once, I don't know if I damaged it on injection or it was bad from the factory, but it had a burr along the edge. Take your finger and run it from the top cap down towards the fins, if you feel a burr then that blade is bad and do not use it.

Make sure you are using a very shallow angle, ride the cap. You basically put the cap against your skin, then tilt it down just a couple degrees, then shave. Don't press! Just let it smoothly glide along your face. It is my smoothest razor. Because of the fins and the open lather path, it never clogs, so you can apply a thick coat of slick lather.

You got this! You'll soon be having a very smooth and enjoyable shave.
Sunday morning update shave 2 of probably 3 for the supply. No pressure, riding the cap, face burns like a 3 month old Mach3.
I will sacrifice a Blade to rule out a faulty blade and if nothing changes Monday evening, the supply SE goes where is apparently belongs. The trash.
Will then happily continue overpaying for the Feather blades from OneBlade as I get effortless, BBS shaves without aggravation, cuts or irritation (yes they only last two shaves and are a buck a piece - but what’s the point of saving if you don’t get a smooth and irritation free shave??)

Oh no, @CrazyChemist, I'm sorry to hear that! Yes, bin that blade and try another. The Supply can give you an excellent, irritation free shave, sorry it hasn't yet.

After I had that bad blade and rough shaves with it, I manually inserted the next. I popped a blade out of the injector and felt along the edge to make sure there were no burrs. Then I took apart the Supply, put the blade against the top cap, then screwed in the SE plate. I did NOT want anything to go wrong. Then I was back to super smooth shaves and I knew it was the blade and not me at all.

Perhaps give that a try? I wish only smooth shaves for you!

Sorry for this guy's but......after 6 months with my supply SE I let it go. Try as I might I always got a smooth close shave but with nicks everywhere. Tried Personna, blacks, white, schicks and the chick blades nothing helped. I did the check for poor line up and casting bur but the razor was fine. It gathered some dust and as soon as my Cobra classic arrived it was off to a new home. A good piece of kit just not for me.

I got one of those adjustable Supply Pro's almost a year ago now. It has literally been used 5 times (all within the first several weeks), and stored back in its box ever since. I just never warmed to it, and I hate dealing with selling stuff online so I hope to maybe trade it to someone locally at some point, who knows when/if that'll happen hahaha.

Oh no, @CrazyChemist, I'm sorry to hear that! Yes, bin that blade and try another. The Supply can give you an excellent, irritation free shave, sorry it hasn't yet.

After I had that bad blade and rough shaves with it, I manually inserted the next. I popped a blade out of the injector and felt along the edge to make sure there were no burrs. Then I took apart the Supply, put the blade against the top cap, then screwed in the SE plate. I did NOT want anything to go wrong. Then I was back to super smooth shaves and I knew it was the blade and not me at all.

Perhaps give that a try? I wish only smooth shaves for you!
The blade loading process seems to be quite iffy. Apparently it angles the front away on the side the plastic gets injected and then the blade is supposed to slide in nicely. I found when it resets it does not look 100% aligned and straight. I will give blade 2 a try and see if there is improvement, but so far I am neither linking the process, the stiff razor (i.e. non-pivoting) nor the result.
Their shave cream is very sensitive to the amount of water used, but I at least dialed that in right this time.

I found when it resets it does not look 100% aligned and straight.
Uh oh, you might have found the problem! I thought this was only a Supply Pro issue and they were replacing them...

You can use your finger nail to push the blade from the sides, and even the back if it's sticking out, to try to align it, but you need something to push against the cutting edge to see if even light pressure will cause it to misalign(an eraser maybe).

I got lucky and saw that mine was misaligned, tried shaving a bit and checked again and it had moved. My Pro was replaced, but my new one is starting to get iffy too.

I haven't read your whole thread yet, but the Black Blades are kind of hard to load and you should order some Schicks on Amazon before giving up, assuming that the razor is usable or replaced.

Hmmmm, I'll have to keep watching mine. I don't mind manually loading the blade. The shaves are so smooth and since one gets 14/blade, it isn't much of an issue.

Uh oh, you might have found the problem! I thought this was only a Supply Pro issue and they were replacing them...

You can use your finger nail to push the blade from the sides, and even the back if it's sticking out, to try to align it, but you need something to push against the cutting edge to see if even light pressure will cause it to misalign(an eraser maybe).

I got lucky and saw that mine was misaligned, tried shaving a bit and checked again and it had moved. My Pro was replaced, but my new one is starting to get iffy too.

I haven't read your whole thread yet, but the Black Blades are kind of hard to load and you should order some Schicks on Amazon before giving up, assuming that the razor is usable or replaced.
62B72967-A4B4-461B-9EFD-7EF2EEB1E155.jpeg

So this is what it looks like when loading. The razor bottom is further out on the side closer to the injector. Is this how it is supposed to be or no ?!?

So this is what it looks like when loading. The razor bottom is further out on the side closer to the injector. Is this how it is supposed to be or no ?!?
That's what I was afraid of! I know it's a dumb question, but have you made sure the plate thumb screw is tightened down? I can see the blade hole so that is nowhere near the mechanism that holds it. I hope spacemonkey will be able to help if it isn't a loose plate, otherwise you will have to contact supply. Sorry to see this happening to you, but yeah that's not going to shave well!

View attachment 1601106
I'm not seeing a problem as long as it returns to the proper position when the injector key is removed. That plastic key is thicker than the aluminum ones on other brands. Also you need more clearance on that side to avoiding scraping the blade along the stop. Do insure that the baseplate is seated properly and the screw is tighted down ny hand.

View attachment 1601106

No, that is not how it should look, yikes! I just checked mine, with the injector key in, the right side might be a tiny bit higher than the left, but nowhere near what that looks like. As @APBinNCA suggested, make sure the thumb screw is tightened all the way up. It looks like it might have gotten loose, which could explain the issues. Please let us know what you find, @CrazyChemist, we want to help get you to comfortable shaves!

Last edited:
Here is a picture of one of mine. It might be barely higher on the right than the left, but I am not sure and it is nothing like what yours looks like. Try the thumb screw and if that isn't it, contact Supply. The razor is capable of giving very smooth shaves and you deserve to experience that!

FEE4D13E-7374-4CAD-87A7-1F6A32934BCE.jpeg

Top Bottom