What's new

FOURTEENTH ANNUAL One Blade in February Challenge 2023 Edition

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Any experience with the aftershave or cologne if there is one?

There is just something about that smell that would cause me to buy pants with shorter pockets, since I believe I'm too old to effectively lengthen my arms....
I have the balm and EdT, as seen in the photo in my post. Balm is excellent. My wife says the cologne smells like a cheap automobile air freshener.

These came extra with a BST for Spoilers and Personnas. First shave with this vintage blade was pretty outstanding.

Attachments

• BBDFE406-02C5-4F92-9EB5-A858F8C5D7D2.jpeg
    BBDFE406-02C5-4F92-9EB5-A858F8C5D7D2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
One Blade in February Challenge
IMG_20230202_114437~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate

My Groundhog Day prediction is that by the end of the month a lot of people will have shaved with the same blade for a whole month. Though as far as weather prediction I'm not with Punxsutawney Phil, I'm with Sand Mountain Sam but Scrambles the Duck can keep his break shut when it comes to predicting the weather, if you want to know what it's going to do it'll be the opposite of whatever Scrambles says.
Tonight I finally turned the EJ into a donut, it's just a pity I didn't have any Jonuts left to celebrate. The soap was too wet each pass and I hat to add more soap so that only the last pass was the right consistency.
The result was another BBS though it required a quick touch-up on the neck

Town day and I only needed a touch up with a half day’s growth. I decided to switch things up and pull out my Gillette New LC. I was getting good shaves with every pass, but not quite as good as my Tech. I tried making the angle even shallower than my usual, and it did the trick. A DFS with my Feather (203).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Town day and I only needed a touch up with a half day’s growth. I decided to switch things up and pull out my Gillette New LC. I was getting good shaves with every pass, but not quite as good as my Tech. I tried making the angle even shallower than my usual, and it did the trick. A DFS with my Feather (203).
What is (203)?

Two hundred three uses with a Feather DE blade?!

February will soon be upon us and that means that it's time for the world famous "ONE BLADE IN FEBRUARY CHALLENGE!!".

Last year I only got to arrange it at the last moment so I thought I would give people plenty of time to sign up this year.

In the first year many used the legendary Personna 74 blade. The next six years participants used "mortal" blades, like Derby, Dorco, Astra, Feather, and Lions. It shocking how many shaves you can really get out of a blade, even a lowly Dorco or Derby can go the distance so it's not necessary to use a magical blade.

Regular participants will already know the rules but I'll just repost the original rules for everybody.

To enter just name your blade and add yourself to the list. Reviews of shaves are of course optional.

Here are the "rules":

1. "Try" to use one blade for the entire month of February. That means if you want to try a "mortal" blade, like a Derby or a Dorco, and you can get it to last 15 days, feel free to use a new Derby Day 16 and continue. (See Rule 3 and Rule 4.)

2. Push your blade as far as it can go. (See Rule 3 and Rule 4)

3. Have fun! (See Rule 4)

4. There are no rules! (See Rule 3)

This isn't a contest so feel free to post whatever method or gizmo you use to extend the life of your blade. Are you a hand stropper, use alcohol (to clean your blade, drinking alcohol and putting a sharp blade to your throat probably not the best combo) magic incantations or just old fashioned wiping the blade.

Feel free to use injectors or SE's. And if there is a way for you straight razors users to play, feel free (like no honing for a month?)

Good luck and have fun!!!
Using the Q1 1958 Flare Tip Super Speed and a Gillette Silver Blue. Today was shave #2

OBIF'23 Shave # 3
Friday, 3rd Feb'23

Razor: Rockwell Chrome Model T
Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum black (3)
Brush: Zenith boar
Soap : Cella red kilo block
After Shave: Nivea sensitive after shave balm.

Efficient 2 pass shave on setting 4 today.

It looks like this might end up being OBIF and a Fixed Four For March (FFFM) rolled in to one due to limited inventory from my main shave den carried for use.

Top Bottom