What's new

A List Of Most Comfortable & Efficient Razors

On internet and different forums/articles/blogs/videos, one thing always confused me when people, according to their personal experience, mean different things when they use words like mild, aggressive and efficient. Then there are things like open-comb, close-comb, slant, razor-weight etc. After a month of safety-razor shaving, I stopped caring about mild or aggressive razors (or even BBS, purely my personal opinion). All I care for now is a comfortable, irritation and nick-free shave where I have to do less passes (an efficient shave). So, I searched for comfortable and efficient razors.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is purely on comfort, I agree with the above two esteemed members and would have to say it is my Supply SE injector. The rigid, sharp, and smooth injector blade and nick-stop fins which guide the angle and never clog makes this my smoothest shaver.

Lots of razors out there will fit your description....but only you will be able to tell what is comfortable. I'm with you on the comfort part. If I'm going to shave everyday, I want it to be comfortable as well as efficient (to a point). If a razor leaves irritation or tends to need extra attention, I typically move it along. I have about 8 razors that I consistently use daily without any drama that provided exceptional shave quality and results without leaving behind nicks or irritation.

Best of luck finding a razor or two that meet your comfort and shaving needs.

Well, for me the post war Techs, the Super Speeds (almost all variants) and monotechs, Timeless, Wolfman (when the gap isn't outrageously huge), Star 100.

These days I have enjoyed with Wilkinson swords sticky. As I usually 3 passes daily shaver it is giving me very comfortable shaves. Also looking forward to try a schick injector.

Welcome to B&B, Sir arnauld!

For me, IMHO, I can get great shaves from most any DE or SE razor, but with just a little experience!
If the razor is mild, I'll push it; if it's aggressive, I'll adjust the angle.
It's merely a factor of experience, IMHO!
Enjoy your journey!!

merkur-vision-proraso-blue-dovo-skye-gif-september-12-2014s.gif

The one I’ve tried thats all about smoothness is The EJ89, so smooth the first time I tried it it left me wonder if it even had a blade!

Just about any Schick injector is a winner for me! My Timeless Bronze SB is also a guaranteed drama-free shave as well.
Yes, I have read about it almost everywhere. Eager to try but sadly (economically) out of reach for me right now in India

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Here is my list of my most comfortable and effective razors. :)

Alpha Big Dog Razors:

Overall #1: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle

AC Blade: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB Plate, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB & OC Plates, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Colonial Razors The General V2, GTx or Ti Handle
AC Blade (Honorable Mention): Above The Tie X1 Slant, Ti Handle

DE (Current): Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird, GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Current - Adjustable): Rocnel Sailor
DE (Vintage): Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England), GTx or Ti Handle
DE (Vintage - Honorable Mention): Gillette Pre-War Tech (Canada), GTx or Ti Handle

GEM (Current): Blackland Razors Sabre L2, GTx or Ti Handle
GEM (Vintage): GEM MMOC & BMMOC
GEM (Vintage - Honorable Mention): GEM Feather Weight

SE using a DE Blade (Vintage): Jones Shake-Sharp v1

I'm new to B&B, but longtime DE shaver.

IMHO, any list should include the RazoRock Game Changer 68-P and the GC 84-P. Probably the RR Lupo .58, too.

The GC 68-P is probably the 'milder' of the two, with the GC 84-P being a little more 'aggressive' and 'efficient'. Meaning less passes to cut the stubble.

Both, IMO, give a CCS.

b/r

ON_1

Greencult 2.0 (4 possible plates available which make it customizable. My preference is level II which gives me an extremely efficient & comfortable shave)

full

Above the Tie X1 Slant (Incredibly efficient and comfortable)

full

Top Bottom