What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

What's Chester up to this morning? :001_smile
Lord Chester demands breakfast at 0500hrs sharp and has already settled into his tree house for a royal nap.
20230201_065940.jpg

I’m counting down till pitchers and catchers report for training! I ain’t got no money to bet, but for a friendly gentleman’s bet I’m going all in on the Texas Rangers this season. New manager , new year! Play ball⚾

Attachments

• 37EC7758-C8B3-4C1B-9CE7-8A778FF77E28.jpeg
    37EC7758-C8B3-4C1B-9CE7-8A778FF77E28.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
3rd and 4th cup today. Had two cups this morning and just finished making a pot for iced coffee tomorrow and 2 more cups today. Finished up the Cafe Aroma with this batch. That means the Colombian will start tomorrow! Something to look forward to before heading to work.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to post this earlier. This AM, I made myself a cup of Afrique coffee from Philadelphia's own La Colombe, featuring beans from Ethiopia, Rwanda, and Democratic Republic of Congo. I prepared it with my new JavaPresse hand-cranked burr grinder.

1675290996678.png

As I said, it's a hand-cranked burr grinder, + it does a smashing good job. I'm starting a project, thought, to create a motor that I can mount on it. :)

-Z

As I said, it's a hand-cranked burr grinder, + it does a smashing good job. I'm starting a project, thought, to create a motor that I can mount on it. :)

-Z
I bought one very similar to this a few years back for travel. They do work well, but take forever to grind enough for multiple people. It’s been at least 4 years since I looked, but there were definitely people using cordless screwdrivers to power them back then.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Cafe Du Monde in the french press.

Currently 32° here in Nashville. I have one appointment today at 9 am, then I'm going to stop by Publix to pick up some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale for this evening.

Wishing all of you a peaceful Thursday.

Now Playing:

R.jpg

If you can read my shirt it’s Nirvana. Cobain and the crew got me through some angst in my younger days. Music is therapeutic and i love it like i love my cup or cups of coffee everyday. You guys are awesome….keep up the good work 👍

Attachments

• 2E6EEA12-88FE-48DC-8988-9DFCA2359683.jpeg
    2E6EEA12-88FE-48DC-8988-9DFCA2359683.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
If you can read my shirt it’s Nirvana. Cobain and the crew got me through some angst in my younger days. Music is therapeutic and i love it like i love my cup or cups of coffee everyday. You guys are awesome….keep up the good work 👍
And now there’s my high school days. Nirvana wasn’t my favorite band - I was more into Alice In Chains and STP - but there’s no doubt they changed the landscape. Sad to think about the fate of all three of those lead singers and pretty wild to think about how the drummer for Nirvana went on to become a massive rock icon in his own right.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Loved those guys from an early age. My dad was originally from Southern California. He moved away when he was 9, but always maintained an affinity for the music there. I grew up listening to bands like the Mamas & the Papas, The Beach Boys, CCR and the Eagles.
My dad was a big America fan. Ventura Highway is one of my all-time favorite songs. Through a producer friend of mine I got to meet Dewey and Gerry a few years back. What part of Southern California is your dad from?

Top Bottom