What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Which CeraVe product are you using? There are a lot of them. I'm using this stuff immediately after I shave, rubbing it on my face and letting it sit while I take my razor apart and wipe down the parts. Then I rinse it off and put aftershave on. View attachment 1598291

Never thought of using it post shave :) will have to try that I reckon

This is the one I am using for face
same color label ?
Not sure if its a Canadian package difference and the same ?
But the US just incl the word facial ?
View attachment 1598297

This is what I use every night:

20221231_154413~2.jpg

Great stuff! :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 32 of 32 = 100%
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Trident Razors Ti G2 Albion Handle)
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: @Graydog 2021 Saint Sue (@apshaveco 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Gladiator
20230201_110617~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12112562

This is what I use every night:

View attachment 1598471
Great stuff! :)
I have that also :)
Costco had both of them :) the wife and daughter like most of the stuff I am getting from being here and the wife for sure teases me about it these days being so much stuff that I never had ! Hahahaha

OH and some of the Neutrogena stuff also !

Yeah that is great stuff lucky maybe for me only use some post shower on arms and legs
one thing I love is the stuff is not greasy !

The face wash wont burn your eyes out if it gets in and is so so nice and mild but totally works :)

face wise I find the Neutrogena Hydro gel perfect but like razors we all choose what we love best or YMMV :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Costco had both of them :) the wife and daughter like most of the stuff I am getting from being here and the wife for sure teases me about it these days being so much stuff that I never had ! Hahahaha

Yeah that is great stuff lucky maybe for me only use some post shower on arms and legs

The face wash wont burn your eyes out if it gets in and is so so nice and mild but totally works :)

face wise I find the Neutrogena Hydro gel perfect but like razors we all choose what we love best or YMMV :)
I'll have to try the Hydro Gel.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
32 of 365
One Blade in February Challenge

IMG_20230201_120538~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(1)
Brush: RR Moka-soft 2 beehive brush
Soap: RR Don Marco
Snack: Jonut (Jaffa cake doughnut)

Tonight's inaugural OBIF shave is dedicated to @Chef455 I'll be thinking of you whilst I munch on my post shave snack.
The Med-Prep blade has always been a favourite of mine, very sharp and smooth better than my go-to blade the Personna Platinum, though rather more expensive.
This orange themed shave uses the R89 Rosegold (kinda orange), RR Moka-soft beehive Amber (also kinda orange), RR Don Marco (definitely orange) and the Jonut (about as orange as it gets).
Even with a blade as sharp as the Med-Prep the R89 was as smooth and comfortable as ever, for the first couple of strokes I had to check to make sure I had loaded a blade. Despite all that I still managed a BBS.

2-1-23 Wed. PM

SWS: 5 of 52
365: 32 of 365
FEB GRUME still in

Razor: Henson al13+
Blade: Nacet (5)
Soap: Glastonbury
Brush: Semogue 1305

Gotten used to using my synthetic brush, forgot how hungry the boar is in comparison. Had to go back to the puck for a bit more soap.
3 passes for DFS++ the Nacet is still smooth shaving but might not be cutting quite as close. Tiny bit more stubble left at the end.

Be well
Jay

lasta

Blade Biter

I recently tried that Hydro Gel, felt like rubbing on some water, still dry afterwards!

Wednesday 1st February, shave #32

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Started the month with the ever-reliable SV70 soap. The Astras are smoother on second use, and the Game Changer is my favourite razor. A comfortable near-BBS.

Oh Boy! I can’t just look at the calendar. I’m gonna have to use arithmetic.

31 (for Jan) + 1 (for Feb) = Shave #32!

Yes, I noticed that as well. For future reference, if you're on Linux, then open up a command window, type cal -j and you will get something that looks like:

JulianCalForFeb.jpg

That might work on Apple as well, but I don't have any of their kit to try it on. Any Apple users here?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Day 33
Shave 33

Fatip Piccolo
Gillette Perma-Sharp (2nd use)
Vulfix Mayfair (mixed knot)
Vulfix soap

Gave an old puck of Vulfix one last go and I just can't work that thing to a point where the lather doesn't dissipate :( Impressive levels of slickness is almost its saving grace but not quite, so this one is for the bin 🚮

Wednesday 1st February, shave #32

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Started the month with the ever-reliable SV70 soap. The Astras are smoother on second use, and the Game Changer is my favourite razor. A comfortable near-BBS.

Yes, I noticed that as well. For future reference, if you're on Linux, then open up a command window, type cal -j and you will get something that looks like:

View attachment 1598663

That might work on Apple as well, but I don't have any of their kit to try it on. Any Apple users here?
I use a MacBook at work and I can confirm that cal -j does work. Thank you for the suggestion!

Top Bottom