What's new

Show me your "Not Filarmonica" Spanish Razors

So, there have been a couple of threads featuring Filarmonica razors.
I love my Filly's (I probably have a baker's dozen of 13's and 14's)
but there are some other Spanish brands out there that are under-represented
and yet extraordinary. I have seen a few from: @Mango @CRISANTO and @haggis

Now, if you have a very,very special Filly like a first-generation Medallon Taurino 14
post that one as well @Steve56

Gentlemen, please show me your non-Filarmonica Spanish razors: Palmera's, Iberia's,
Cocodrillo's, Galatea's, etc., etc. Make me green with envy. Make me drool with SRAD...

I will start with a Palmera that I shaved with this morning...one of my fav's.

Juan.Vollmer.jpeg

Great idea @Sukeroku and beautiful razor!

I’m looking forward to seeing some Cocodrillo’s here. I don’t see them too often of the threads but I know some guys have them. Something about that crocodile on the tang gets me every time…

@Sukeroku,
I hope that we are not the only ones here with Not-Filarmonica Spanish razors :wink2:.
Here are mines:

Juan Vollmer Palmera 14 with bakelite scales

Juan Vollmer_Palmera 14_0001.JPG

and a Basanta Madrid "Presto" 14 (8/8") with bakelite scales, too:

Basanta_Presto 14_0001.JPG

I have not seen another one yet. I know only about one person, who has a Basanta, but a different model with 6/8" width.

Gentlemen, please show me your non-Filarmonica Spanish razors: Palmera's, Iberia's,
Cocodrillo's, Galatea's, etc., etc.
One question: According to my knowledge the Cocodrilos were made by Ferdinand Herberz in Solingen, the initial maker of the Palmeras. Later the Palmera brand was shared with Juan Vollmer. Does anyone here has the information, that the Cocodrilo brand was also shared with a Spanish manufacturer? I have not seen any evidence for this, but I am very interested in this information.

Here is a link to my Cocodrilo from Herberz which I showed a some months ago (together with a Palmera ex Solingen)

@Sukeroku,
I hope that we are not the only ones here with Not-Filarmonica Spanish razors :wink2:.
Here are mines:

Juan Vollmer Palmera 14 with bakelite scales

View attachment 1598504

and a Basanta Madrid "Presto" 14 (8/8") with bakelite scales, too:

View attachment 1598505

I have not seen another one yet. I know only about one person, who has a Basanta, but a different model with 6/8" width.

One question: According to my knowledge the Cocodrilos were made by Ferdinand Herberz in Solingen, the initial maker of the Palmeras. Later the Palmera brand was shared with Juan Vollmer. Does anyone here has the information, that the Cocodrilo brand was also shared with a Spanish manufacturer? I have not seen any evidence for this, but I am very interested in this information.

Here is a link to my Cocodrilo from Herberz which I showed a some months ago (together with a Palmera ex Solingen)
Sweet! Love the bakelite scales. I have a couple more Palmera's that I can post but I would like to see what others have. I have never seen a Basanta. Here is an Iberia DT 13 rescaled by Alfredo @Doc226. This one outperforms all my Filly 13's...by just a tiny bit.

C'mon guys, I know you have these beauties, I have seen them on the "What Straight Did You Use Today" thread...

IMG_7037.jpeg

Top Bottom