What's new

Razorock Lupo, your thoughts and opinions on this de razor?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I still have the Lupo Aluminum our youngest son gave me. It started this wet shaving journey. Now that I'm almost a year in and still learning with every shave, I think the Aluminum Lupo might be very different for me now. I will change out the handle, I think, for a slightly heavier handle.. like the Timeless Ti Titanium.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I will change out the handle, I think, for a slightly heavier handle..

AADA0E13-7F32-4CE4-9678-47743BCD29A5.jpeg

You can thank @Cal for that sentiment

Okay thanks for all the replies guys

If you had a choice of the razorock lupo Vs parker semi slant, which would you prefer?

I'm more inclined to the lupo

i also seen theres these other razorock razors available too,
hasanyone used the razorock baby smooth, mentor or switch (which is the shavette and de in one)?

To sum up:

The aluminum Lupo only has one blade gap, and it is approximately 0.58

The blade tabs are covered on all Lupo models

The stainless steel Lupo comes in three different blade gaps, 0.58, 0.72, and 0.95, as well as a dual comb, which has a gap of 0.95 on the safety bar side and 0.72 on the open comb side

Of the stainless steel Lupo models, the 0.58 is closest to the original aluminum Lupo, although the design was tweaked slightly between the aluminum model and the stainless steel model, and the weight probably also makes them feel more different than they actually are

I will add to this that I have done a shave-off directly comparing the 0.58 Lupo to the expensive 0.62 Wolfman and found them to shave almost identically: if anything, I slightly preferred the Lupo.

I will also add that the Baby Smooth is considerably different from the Lupo. The Switch and Mentor have generally not been well reviewed.

In my opinion, if you have the money, go for the 0.58 Lupo in stainless steel. If you want to test the waters more cheaply, get the aluminum model.

I would recommend the Lupo over other Razorock models. I think the Lupo is one of the best DEs I have ever used, and I have been shaving this way since 2009.

I'm with @Iridian , Lupo 95 is just lovely! I use the OC, haven't tried the SB, but I have the 72SB. I like my wolf with teeth!

The 72sb is great too. I shave every 2-5 days, and the 72 had some issues getting some neck hairs on either side of my adams apple that like to lay flat on my skin. The SB keeps them down, but the OC gets them!

Both are great. If I shaved daily, the 95oc might be too much.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve tried the BBS; now BBS “Standard;” which joins the Baby Smooth in being a charming homage to the Merkur 45, only heavier and with covered blade tabs. Used properly, it’s awesome, but aluminum-light like the Baby Smooth. Used off-the-cap, it’s a terrifying thrill ride, but still heavier than the Baby Smooth.

Also used the Maggards V3A, which I think is the same as the RazoRock Mission. Imagine an R41 with a smoother comb that won’t let you shave steep and “makes up for that shortcoming” with random aggression.

I have been looking at the Gamechanger model personally. The Lupo for whatever reason never really caught my attention.
you are missing out, the lupo is awesome. i use de razors for about 7 years by now and only ever owned the 34c by merkur, the r41 and the r94 rocca by mühle and two lupos from razorock (the aluminum and the .58 stainless steel), i rate the lupos very high. in fact, the lupo .58, the r41 and the rocca are the only razors i will ever need. that being said, i'm still interested in the merkur progress for being a true german classic and as far as i know, the first adjustable razor ever created. i don't want to be a collector and guess, the progress will be my last purchase sooner or later. after that, with having my favorite soaps and blades nailed down already, my de razor journey is over.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
i also seen theres these other razorock razors available too,
hasanyone used the razorock baby smooth, mentor or switch (which is the shavette and de in one)?

I have the a RR 2nd Generation Lupo .72 and the RR mentor, depending on your budget you can not go wrong with either razor, the Lupo.72 is a nice mid range and the Mentor also a mid range is the best bang for your dollar(some blade tap overhang) but to some that is no problem. Razorock stainless steel razors have good machining and finish QC IMO.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I have been looking at the Gamechanger model personally. The Lupo for whatever reason never really caught my attention.
I see where you are coming from. It took the Lupo .95 OC to swing me over in favor of the Lupo. The GC .84P is always a good choice. Why didn't they name it .84 SB, ffs.
I also like the Yaqi 1.05 Duo (Lupo DC with higher gap) and the DSCosmetic GameChanger clones like the S9. The D8 is the .68 gap model.

I gave the Lupo .72 a thought, I know the .95 is way too aggressive for me. I like moderate razors.

However, I have a GC 68-P and a GC 84-P, I think the Lupo .72 would be redundant. So, its off my RADAR.

If, I could get one at a discounted price, I might consider buying a Lupo .72, but I don't believe there's enough of performance increase to justify the cost.

JMHO, YMMV.

b/r

ON_1

Let me qualify my statement above. Had I not recently purchased my RR GC 68-P and my GC 84-P, I'd probably purchase the Lupo 72.

I just think there's too much overlap in performance to justify the purchase.

I also believe the Game Changer and Lupo series of razors are the best bang for the buck on the market.

b/r

ON_1

Top Bottom