What's new

What is the safest and most efficient way to shave hair on earlobes?

Hey guys, so I have hair on my earlobes that is a bit unsightly. My barber told me to shave it with an eyebrow razor. So, I tried that around a week and a half ago with a Tinkle eyebrow razor, and my skin is still feeling raw and is unevenly red in some areas. This is surprising because I washed my face in warm water, used pre-shave oil, a lot of shaving cream, and a soothing aftershave balm. I even nicked myself a few times on my ear shaving very gently. I hope those nicks don't turn into scars. I also didn't get all the ear hair off.
I wanted to know if there's a better way to shave hair on earlobes. Like a certain razor I could get, and/or a certain technique I could do. I'm curious if the pros have any techniques.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use good tweezers to pluck hair from my earlobes, shaving ear lobes I use to shave & get nicks & cuts and suggest a very mild razor. Skin on the ear is different than on your face is my finding.
When I look back when barbers ask if you want your ear hairs trimmed I should of said no when I was younger because I did not have a lot of hair on my ears. Plucking them slows the growth IMO but they will come back.

For outside or on my ears just my old braun electric
hate any stray hair :) easy safe and efficient :)
I also use this to keep the back of my neck super clean

read somewhere this is what the actor Rock uses for his head :) not sure how where why I came across this

I do use my regular DE razor but have nicked myself a few times doing so hahahahaha

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I swear by my Gold Dollar W59 SR for shaving my ears, ear canals and nostrils.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20200609_113826.jpg

It also does a great job of shaving the rest of my face.

Don't try this unless under direct adult supervision

While shaving, I'll do a few strokes with my de along the edge of my ear & ear lobe. Remember, apply no pressure!
I do that every shave from about half way down just one pass though :) its trying to get the top round or multi passes that get me :)
I also have that attached ear lobe thing going so its easy for me in one pass to go down to my face :)

its when I start thinking I got this and try to bend the ear and get the back edge or the top then OH should not have done that

so yeah like once a weekish pull out the braun do the rest of my ears and neck line

Hey guys, so I have hair on my earlobes that is a bit unsightly. My barber told me to shave it with an eyebrow razor. So, I tried that around a week and a half ago with a Tinkle eyebrow razor, and my skin is still feeling raw and is unevenly red in some areas. This is surprising because I washed my face in warm water, used pre-shave oil, a lot of shaving cream, and a soothing aftershave balm. I even nicked myself a few times on my ear shaving very gently. I hope those nicks don't turn into scars. I also didn't get all the ear hair off.
I wanted to know if there's a better way to shave hair on earlobes. Like a certain razor I could get, and/or a certain technique I could do. I'm curious if the pros have any techniques.
I am 76 and have used tweezers on my ears for many years with satisfactory results; just wipe the tweezers with alcohol between use. No scarring ever.

I use this one - no batteries, never binds, painless, easy to clean and safe for ears and notstrils-

This question has already been well answered, but on a side note I've seen a couple sets of kamisori designed for ear/nose hair and they're pretty cool if you collect razors/ blades/ oddities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom