What's new

Installed A Bidet Attachment

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Hope I'm not crossing a gentlemanly li3
ne here, but we all gotta take care of business. Many of our members probably roll their eyes and say, duh. But I'd reckon they're not from the USA where we apparently like our TP. I'll not go into details, but if you've ever considered one, let me just say = way more better.

Installation was easy peasy.

Last edited:
Hope I'm not crossing a gentlemanly li3
ne here, but we all gotta take care of business. Many of our members probably roll their eyes and say, duh. But I'd reckon they're not from the USA where we apparently like our TP. I'll not go into details, but if you've ever considered one, let me just say = way more better.

Installation was easy peasy.
I will go ahead and cross the line before the thread gets locked... it beats the manual alternatives!
(of course the SO doesn't mind water all over the floor just like she doesn't mind urine all over the floor)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Attachment Bidet works best on a high extended toilet for male adults has been my finding(low standard 10 inch toilet works butt just not as good as the extended high models IMO). Good for folks with surgery work done and highly recommend regardless. You do not need the warm water version in my opinion butt who knows for the wifey.
I should also add that the attachment has paid for it self with less toilet paper usage if that matters to some folks!

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
We have two and love them. And they're replacements for two older ones we wore out!

I can say with honesty that just like shaving one learns how to control the device.

One caution: if you install a bidet also install an inline shutoff valve. That keeps the dang thing from flooding the bathroom for you if it gets a little piece of grit caught in the seal. We could have had some problems with that early, as we had them hooked up through constant-temp mixing valves. The flow is too low to kick on the on-demand water heater, though, so I replumbed them to be cold water only.

I also recommend a backflow preventer in your cold water line if you use a mixing valve. The ones we had tended to develop internal leaks. That affected the whole house, suddenly mixing cold water into the hot water lines. Cold showers get old fast. Took out the mixing valves and no more loops.

O.H.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Also I should mention that you should buy the toilet seat riser extensions so not to damage the device, use contact cement to reattach them later to the bottom of the seat if they come lose.
I also bought the bidet lux Neo 185 model attachment with out the warm water feature. Then bought another one for the main wash room but wifey does not want it there so it's stored as back up for now.
At first it takes a little to get use to it butt it is well worth it and uses a lot less toilet paper. If any leakage occurs time to replace is my advice and that is very easy to do also because just shut the valve off and reattach with identical one if possible. I have had mine for 2 years no issues and wonder why waited so long. When Covid 19 occurred the demand for toilet paper skyrocketed and so did these Bidet attachments which folks will not go back to just toilet paper only IMO once you get use to them.

A good while back I got one of the toilet seat models and installed it. You can adjust the hot/cold mix with one knob, the force with another knob, and the angle of attack with a sliding switch. The wife loves it and hates going anywhere else.

I was actually hoping for a photo of the finished item - just without any current users modelling it's usage.

I don't think I'd ever get the ok to do this project. Specifically in the kids bathroom. There's enough stuff in there I have to clean up as is without giving them access to a water gun with limitless supply...

That said, glad it went well and is apparently being put to good use. Try to resist hiding out and squirting the first unsuspecting person who interrupts your quiet time.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
To be clear, ours are wand style. The brand is Hydrawand and comes highly recommended.

The oldest daughter and her husband put in one of the seat models. She loves it, he has some sensitivity about being thought to be the kind of guy who'd use a bidet. :001_rolle But she's happy so he can do as he likes.

Coincidentally a few weeks ago on CBC's "Laugh Out Loud" program one of the comics told an absolute screamer about discovering the joys of a bidet. I dang near drove off the road, I was laughing so hard -- because it was true.

But yeah, there's probably a minimum age recommendation. :) The younger kids discovered once that sopping paper towels thrown into the ceiling fan on "high" would go all kinds of amazing places. We had a little conversation about that.

O.H.

Nope, you're doing it wrong. :stuart:

But the Hydrawand people seem to agree! ;)

Hydrawand said:
You may have noticed most handheld bidets look like kitchen sink dish sprayers, with a bulky metal shower hose. Imagine trying to hold one of those under you while sitting on the toilet, and trying to push a button to spray off without splashing water all over. The long nozzle allows you to easily place the tip precisely where you need it, for a soothing jet of water, with less splash!

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere...

I installed one in January 2020, just before COVID hit and the big run on TP. It’s one of the best things I’ve done. It has saved time, wear and tear, and reams of TP. (If none of these is an issue, then you don’t need one.) It’s no exaggeration when I say it’s changed my life.

Top Bottom