What's new

Stirling Syndicate

IMG_20230121_081620027.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade is my favorite Stirling scent. So delightfully fruity!

Morning, I may contact Stirling , here's why and please tell me if it sounds crazy.
Executive Man Shave soap smells nothing like the sample bar soap that they sent a couple of weeks ago. I'm new, so... is this this normal ? I bought the SS because the bar soap smells awesome, but they have 2 distinct smells, what gives gents?

Morning, I may contact Stirling , here's why and please tell me if it sounds crazy.
Executive Man Shave soap smells nothing like the sample bar soap that they sent a couple of weeks ago. I'm new, so... is this this normal ? I bought the SS because the bar soap smells awesome, but they have 2 distinct smells, what gives gents?
Haven’t used the shaving soap yet, I agree the bath bar smells awesome. It could be that the base of the shaving soap is shining through. If you use it along with the matching splash I’m sure you’ll be happy with the outcome.

Been using Stirling shave soaps as well as the bar soaps for 4-5yrs now and there are differences in some of the scents from one to the other as the ingredients aren't the same in each. It's the same for the shampoo bars also. I use Sandpiper in all 3 but the shampoo bar smells slightly different from the shave soap and the soap bar. To be honest, I have been using them for so long now I rarely notice it...

Haven’t used the shaving soap yet, I agree the bath bar smells awesome. It could be that the base of the shaving soap is shining through. If you use it along with the matching splash I’m sure you’ll be happy with the outcome.
Spend more $$ , I'm not sure that's what I want, but thank you.

Been using Stirling shave soaps as well as the bar soaps for 4-5yrs now and there are differences in some of the scents from one to the other as the ingredients aren't the same in each. It's the same for the shampoo bars also. I use Sandpiper in all 3 but the shampoo bar smells slightly different from the shave soap and the soap bar. To be honest, I have been using them for so long now I rarely notice it...
Thank you, that's interesting.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Executive Man Shave soap smells nothing like the sample bar soap that they sent a couple of weeks ago. I'm new, so... is this this normal ? I bought the SS because the bar soap smells awesome, but they have 2 distinct smells, what gives ?

Stirling does sell "#2"s. Those are soaps that don't meet their quality control but a still serviceable. I have a lime #2 and it's great. That being said Stirling is definitely aware that soap batches can vary and being a small company want to retain customers. By all means reach out to them, I'd bet they'll do their best to make it right. I do have the Executive Man shave soap and like it very much. I do not, however, own the bath bar to compare it to.

So far in my brief journey, I have discovered that different products in the same line from all sorts of different manufacturers smell slightly different. Doesn’t diminish my enjoyment of them. Happy to list off examples if need be.

Wasn't sure where to post last nights shave, but Stirling was involved so I landed here:
I enjoyed this shave so much that I had to share , both the performance and scent combination was over the top.
Preshave PAA Cube Menthol
Brush Big Bruce
Soap Stirling BR
Razor Gillette 1 guard cart
Post Cold rinse/ clean up
AS Clubman Bay Rum
Had lingering awesome scents all evening long, skin felt amazing. Good day.

Wasn't sure where to post last nights shave, but Stirling was involved so I landed here:
I enjoyed this shave so much that I had to share , both the performance and scent combination was over the top.
Preshave PAA Cube Menthol
Brush Big Bruce
Soap Stirling BR
Razor Gillette 1 guard cart
Post Cold rinse/ clean up
AS Clubman Bay Rum
Had lingering awesome scents all evening long, skin felt amazing. Good day.
slightly off topic, and I'm not sure if you have any of the other brushes I'm trying to compare it to, but here it comes anyway. Is the big bruce more dense than the regular Plissoft? how is it compared to the PAA atomic rocket (same size knot)?

slightly off topic, and I'm not sure if you have any of the other brushes I'm trying to compare it to, but here it comes anyway. Is the big bruce more dense than the regular Plissoft? how is it compared to the PAA atomic rocket (same size knot)?
I'm sorry, I'm so new to this that I can't give the answer that this good question deserves .

Absence of Tallow in the bath bar

Top Bottom